• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic EP3!! My Second Type R

Another small update.

My front left brake kept sticking so i bought a caliper refurb kit.
I would advise if you arent patient like me to just buy new calipers, the first one was a massive pain in the rear end to change. The second took 10 minutes!

won a engine torque damper off ebay. Not sure what make i guess its tegiwa
and a pipercross panel filter

Thanks. Theres plenty more to come
just ordered service bits, poly engine inserts and carbon fibre wrapped centre console

big update time.

not been on here in a while, quite a few changes since last update

I got fed up with the rattles from the engine torque damper so I sold it on.
my list of bits since last.

tegiwa front engine strut brace
energy engine inserts
gearbox black edition bush inserts
hd anti roll bar links rear and front
unknown brand rear camber adjusters with poly bushes
front camber bolts
frsu -1 rear -1.2 front
steering rack slider
tegiwa bearing solid shifter bushes
gearbox fluid change mtf111
red washer bolts in engine bay
some stickers on reverse of bonnet
transferred my number plate
40g disks all round
yellowstuff pads all round
red hel clutch line with ate super blue fluid
new battery with copper terminals
new battery tie bar
tegiwa brake stopper
carbon wrapped centre console

after all that I was very happy with a few more bits in my head I wanted to do.

then a bad update!

I hired a van for work and went on a road trip to pick up various things and got a phone call from the hire company,
a lorry has just reversed into your car how far away are you?

after a week of talking I had enough and had a big argument with the owner of the company then they finally put the money in my account to get it repaired
previous to that it went in a garage to be repaired and they refused to pay the amount the quote was

after getting it repaired I was happy again but needed that bit extra, so I went mad

unsilenced m2 dolphin tip cat back exhaust
hks mega power air filter
ash chrome intake pipe
tinted rear windows

and bought myself a big carbon dipping kit which I plan to redo my centre console and grab handles, engine cover, spark cover, a custom battery cover and various other bits I decide along the way.

pictures to follow

my other plans are save up to refurbish the wheels cosmic grey and clean up engine bay, repaint rocker cover etc

Sh!t about the problems.

Liking the centre console though and looking forward to getting mine put in. Actually like the gaiter on it too which surprised even me. Might pop on eBay.

they do eventually fade with sunlight which is annoying, but there only £7

when I replace it im thinking about a black alcantara one with red stitching.

my skunk 2 gear knob is starting to fade aswell :(

so I might carbon dip it

I've got a black one so will leave as is.

How loud is that exhaust on the motor then? not heard one in the flesh.

I expected it to be loud after listening to m2 unsilenced on you tube but theres nothing about these dolphin tip ones anywhere
I bought it mainly due to wanting a toda on my last one but wouldn't pay the amount toda want and these didn't exist otherwise I would of got one

its pretty loud! idle is loud and cold start up is very loud, its not too bad driving around town and cruising around. but hit vtec and its another level of loud, with the hks air filter it makes a rasp I cant explain.
the noise is brilliant!

the quality is top notch, im really happy with it.
I have also a japspeed manifold which I forgot to put in my update
so my system is,

japspeed manifold, standard cat, unsilenced m2 cat back

im just worried about the db levels, i am planning on doing some track days in it at some point, and i do worry that it might be too loud for some circuits.
i need to test it and find out what the limits are.

You've been busy! Good job, some nice additions there.

If your M2 is anything like mine you'll never pass track db limits! Mine struggles even with the silencer bung in, and the silenced centre section does sweet-****-all to the max volume.

Also, hks filters make an amazing noise on these engines, I think it's even better than the Gruppe/tegiwa M.

it was a choice between the Tegiwa M or the hks and I went with the hks purely because of the price.

I bought the filter and a bit of pipe, cut it to length and job done, I need to make a bracket to hold it yet, that's my next project.

I did look at the silenced centre and from what I found out yeah it does nothing.

I might look at another brand centre section and see if that does the job, it would be nice to track it.

Let me know how you get on, I will also be looking for a solution so I don't have to use the bung on track days.

Still though, there's not many cars that sound this good unsilenced! :twisted:

Interesting to hear what the db comes out as.

Had a DC Mani and Spoon b-pipe & N1 on my old EP3 and that was loud. I just about passed the track day at Spa and was louder than a lot of things there.

Little update on parts I have bought.

I won a high flow aluminium radiator which has been delivered
and I got some red hoses
And red organic coolant

some cree reverse bulbs
and a headlight 3m restoration kit as my headlights are starting to turn

also just this morning I have sealed the deal on a jdm rear arb with bushes and brackets and rods

I started sanding and priming my spare console ready to carbon dip at some point so hopefully I get some car time soon so I can fit everything.

I gotta ask - Are they Mugen pedals? Because I found some on Ebay and been watching them for a while because didn't know whether to take that leap in spending £30 on new pedals and I don't know how easy it is to change things like that!! Looks great in your car and I'm loving the rest of the interior. Great job on the centre console and your gear stick looks great with the rest of the red. Good job :D

Thanks. Plenty more to come when i get the time

There mugen replica (fake)

i got them off ebay i think i paid £13 for them

I now have a jdm rear arb complete to fit.
At the same time I got some goodridge braided brake lines and the missing wiper cover.

Hopefully soon on I get some car time :)

Enjoying your thread buddy. Must have been a gutter when it was messed up by that truck! You've came back stronger than ever though hope your still loving it :)

I was fuming. But now its nearly how I want it I'm over the moon with it now.
Just needs a good polish

im desperate to take it to tdi north but it's the money. And I want to do more bits before.

Back