• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and thought id start a small build thread for my EP3. I got it in November last year and it was a great buy with fsh, year mot and a few months tax. It had been very well looked after by the previous owner who was only selling as he needed a bigger family car. It had done only just over 40k and it was the first one I viewed and had to have it, was a great blast back from Bath. The car was completely standard and I wont be going mad with it as I intend to keep it long term and enjoy it. The car in in excellent condition inside and out, with only a few small marks and the odd car park ding that I would like sorting. I had a mate of mine who is a Detailer give it a going over a couple of months ago, it was clayed, waxed, machine polished and it the results were awesome. So far I have got a Mugen Carbon gear knob, aero wipers, Team Heko wind deflectors, a brand new set of oem Type R mats as the old ones looked worn and the drivers one had a hole in it. I also have a Cobra Sports cat-back exhaust with a 4" jap can for a good price. It looks and sounds great, not too loud. Most recently the day before Modified Nationals I got my AEM V2 fitted, really happy with it, again it looks great and I noticed right away that the car feels a bit more responsive.

Plans:

Eibach lowering springs
JDM ARB
FRSU
RBC inlet
Manifold but don't want to lose the cat and unsure about sport cats (advice welcome)
K100
Alloys
Fit my Alpine headunit
Ground Zero door speakers.

Ill leave a few pics now and any comments are welcome, thanks for looking.

Andy :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Looks great! Done pretty much everything I've done so far and just these alone makes such a difference i can say for sure. Went with the Typhoon induction and they sound amazing. Nice work

Thanks for the welcome and the reply mate, I'm really happy with it and looking forward to adding more to it when I can, will be a slow long term project though lol.

Couple of pics from Modified National 2014, car was a bit dirty after a nights camping but it was surprisingly comfortable with the seats down and double airbed and the dodgy looking sticker on the fuel cap was only on for the show and quickly came off as it looked s*it haha

Hi guys

got some custom painted parts done and got them fitted today. They look awesome and Jimbob did an awesome job for me

Andy

bc343799711f96464c6a6379d62adcdd.jpg

8e30b9b0f860975498392f96e3bd2860.jpg

6f4407c2e2b6aa202960ca1ca7af80ff.jpg

8a9b2cf0b71a5178b02746afeba9986d.jpg

6446a60c186e1ead2cd17fe80b40d5fb.jpg

Hi another update, finally got my Alpine headunit fitted on Saturday along with my custom FA centre console, really happy with how it looks

Andy :cool:

Looking good buddy! I do love a clean NHB, though I may be somewhat biased of course....

I would definitely recommend saving for springs and geo, it really brings the car alive. Have a look at my build thread if you want ideas for cheap mods, if you don't include the big things (seats, springs intake), I've spent surprisingly little on mine. Elbow grease and youtube tutorials FTW!

Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with how its going. Eibachs are next on my list, everytime I'm close to having the cash for them something else comes up, had a new windscreen the other week lol. A good mate of mine will do anything I need at his work for mates rates so that's a bonus

I know the feeling mate! I have become the master of budget modification in the last couple of years. Remember; necessity is the mother of invention :lol:

Mates in the trade are invaluable, make sure you get him a good chrimbo present!

Yea that sounds good mate. And yes he used to work for Honda and knows the ep3 inside and out. And yes I will, Xmas is always good fun all round

Very nice NHB dude, i'm hoping to purchase one early next year!
Will be following a similar route to what you've done to yours :)

Oh thanks mate, appreciate your comments. Its a slow project compared to a lot of guys on here but I'll be keeping it long term so will do bits as and when I can. Its got new mats and other bits that needed sorting and had a good detail earlier in the year. I need to sort the headlights too as they are letting it down atm but I'll get there in time

Got myself a Skunk2 gearknob with some money I got for Xmas. Looks a lot better than the fake mugen one I had before

875664b9fbba6be273d63da41a929857.jpg

510e5596d121ac7191f28a2d3c2e4ea4.jpg

Just got the civic back from having its service. Everything is fine. Its had new engine and gearbox oil, new NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs, filters and pollen filters, valve clearances done. And I've had my Eibach Sportlines fitted and tracking and alignment done. Only thing it will need is discs and pads towards the next mot at the end of the year. I had it all done for 250 by a very good friend of mine at his work and I'm really pleased with everything and the car pulls better as well now. Quick pic of the sportlines fitted and couple of in progress shots. I'll get more when on level ground and when its clean lol :)

a338279548b2e9b482a96b1359f737bf.jpg

4f7f9079486aa55e8641227ef53c2820.jpg

0b1fa60fba3cd4b5ede94c165dab59be.jpg

a32612b433148a12fe5157865364a268.jpg

26b9597e0916f14abc3518e01a8c250b.jpg

Love your car mate! Nice tasteful mods! And absolutely love the skunk gear knob! In the process of getting one! What else you got planned?

Oh thank you mate, I'm really happy with it still. I'm not really sure now where I'm going with it. I can't afford to go down the engine route. I'm thinking just a mugen rep spoiler and grill as I'm not paying genuine prices lol. Then probably get the wheels refurbished and I'd like to sort out a couple of marks and small dents and then just look after it. Yes the skunk gear knob is a great addition, but make sure you buy genuine, lot of fakes around on eBay etc. I got mine from Tegiwa with their discount code :)

Back