• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

Thanks for the comments mate. Yes I'm really happy with them. They are 17 x 8j which is why they poke out more. At the moment they do catch on the rear on some bumps and with weight in the back and boot. I may need to have the arches rolled a bit at some point :)

Ok, that's my only worry about changing the wheels. I'm trying to working out what setup would be best to have to get as flush as possible with the arches but without the need to roll arches or camber to make them fit! It's my daily driver so need it to be practical :smt015

Yes its my daily too. I didn't realise they were 8j to begin with. But I've got camber arms so another tweak and all should be good

Yes its my daily too. I didn't realise they were 8j to begin with. But I've got camber arms so another tweak and all should be good

I think I'll go for 7.5j and then I can add spacers if needed to get the desired look. I've done the whole stretched tyres thing with my last beemer but this time around I will be making sure there's ample room.

Yea that's a good idea mate, I've got 215/45/17 and they are not stretched so I'm happy how they look

Another small update. The rotas no longer catch on the rear now. Went back to my mates work in botley after work yesterday for a camber adjustment. Although he took the rear wheels off first to see where they were catching. On inspection he came to the conclusion that at some point it has had some paint, nothing in the history of an accident but could have been a repair of some sort. It is a very good job, a couple of people have mentioned that the paint looks a bit flat on the rear panel on the drivers side. So John carefully tapped up the very edge of the lip of the arch as it did sit slightly lower than the passenger side. He also made a smaller adjustment to the passenger side and now both sides are the same height and didn't need any camber adjustment and now they don't catch so all good :)

Glad you've sorted the rubbing issue Andy. Mine also has no record in it's hisory of any accidents but I'm suspicious of the front drivers wing, the colour seems to be ever so slightly off and also the skirt isn't sitting 100% flush! I suppose it's to be expected with a used performance car.

Yes me too mate, it was only slightly catching and drivers side was worse and it hasn't damaged the tyre, it just sounded bad and was a lot worse with weight in the boot and rear passenger. Yes that's always a possibility, it doesn't bother me, its in good general condition for its age and its just 55k so really good. I'll get more bits in a couple months and in future I'd like a respray or dip

Hi again, I don't suppose you have any more pics of the wheels, maybe at a more side on angle? As I see you have red wheel bolts do you and I am considering getting them as well.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this mate?

e4c249ada9f3ca3792087c5b51ea3760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem mate. They came with the alloys so I don't know the brand. The guy said he could supply some and said red or silver so i went for red lol

That's great mate.... Bit of a trip for cheap petrol haha. I did quite well recently, filled up with momentum and got over 300 before I put £38 momentum in yesterday. Decided I'm not doing anything else for a while now. Me and the mrs want our own place. I've also read to much about the new R and will see what I can do when the new one is out in a couple of years

Yes own place first and then in a couple years work out if i can get a new R. No not a jazz lol

Thanks mate means a lot, funny how i wasn't sure on them at first. Then when i saw them fitted while still on ramp before camber arms and bolts were set up I knew id made the right choice

Not much of an update yet but I've changed my mind a bit on where I'm going with this. I made use of the Tegiwa Black Friday 15% discount and got an RBC inlet and throttle body adapter plate for 259 posted. I will then hopefully get a manifold in the next few months and then maybe in the summer plan a trip to tdi for a k100

Back