• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Coilover choice- Yellow speed coilover

Hi all new to the Forum and posting so go easy.
I own a 2002 EP3 Type R which is going to be used for track only, I've been looking for coilovers and after much research quite fancy Meister r zeta R, how ever i have had my head turned by Racing logic and Yellow speed racing - Track Version. My concerns with the Meisters are that they maybe compromise handling for a bit of comfort for road use? and as for Racing Logic and Yellow speed Racing I can't find many reviews? Below is a link for the yellow speed racing that Area motorsport sent me recommending this set up. Any info/feedback about these products will hopefully make my mind up, also has anyone had experience with this company? Cheers
http://areamotorsport.co.uk/area-shop/yellow-speed-coilovers-ep3-civic-type-r-track/

If you are concerned about the meisters being a little compromised then look into the meister superrace kit. I had the same concern as you and went for this kit and never looked back.

be warned though it is NOT comfortable, I think if I used it daily it would drive me mad

Yeah unfortunately this kit is no longer available! It was a limited edition kit that they no longer supply

Yeah unfortunately this kit is no longer available! It was a limited edition kit that they no longer supply

Thats a shame as I highly rate them. Have you considered the bk coilovers, I think they are a little harder than meisters? I think they also do a harder version of their standard set too last time I looked

BK? Not heard of them? Do you have a link?

check ebay item 321137642403, they are bc coilovers, sorry for the typo. This item is the harder set and if you choose the hardest spring rates out of the options available then that would be comparable to the miester superrace set.

So what did you decide? I use the Yellow Speed Premium Competition in my DC5R. I'm into my fourth race meeting and am satisfied with them having won 3 from 4 race meetings. This is my second set of Yellow Speed C/O. Previously I ran them in a Proton Satria GTi. Won a lot of races with them, very consistent and easy to set a Base Line and tune on the go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gone with the yellowspeed premium track coilovers, only done one day on them and have to say they were brilliant, if I were to do it again I would have gone for the inverted ones for only an extra £150ish though as the struts are a lot thicker and stronger built.

One other thing with Yellow Speed, I couldn't run the car low enough at the front because the base of the Shock rubs on the CV Boot so went back to my old Zeals (a little shorter shock body) and the issue solved itself. Lap Times are quicker and I must say that simply switching to what I'm told is a better brand (way more pricy) the car has better balance grip etc but the Zeals are due for a pricey rebuild (now 9 y/o). Something else - the Zeals run Hypersprings which won't fit the Yellowspeeds. Hypers a re-noun to be the worlds best.

Back