• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Cosmic Grey Premier Edition

H

is my first post on the forum.I recently purchased my first Type R, a MINT cosmic grey premier edition. Some of you may recognise the car as the gent I bought it from used to be involved on the forum and I believe he knows a few of you including TDI North. He owned the car 6.5 years and was incredibly OCD about it....just like me! Ironically I was at the New Forest Show last week representing our group and the previous owner was there representing Suzuki UK for our Suzuki dealership (he previously worked for Honda) and we got chatting. He just happened to mention he needed to sell his car which was exactly the spec I was after. After listening intently for around an hour about the condition, spec and all the care and attention the car had I was prepared to buy it without even seeing it! He offered me first refusal for the next two weeks and I made it my mission to get up there and see it. I managed to get up to Northampton on Saturday night thanks to a lift from my mate Si (who also owns a Type R himself) and was sold as soon as I saw it. The car itself has covered just over 52k miles, a full service history with both Honda and ABP motorsport, every single receipt/tax disc since delivery, has all the usual spec of the premier edition (which I'm sure you all know of by now) and a fair few mods already completed. These are as follows...

- J's Racing front strut bar
- J's Racing engine torque dampener
- Greddy spark plugs
- Lower tie bar (unbranded)
- Heko wind deflectors
- JDM RARB
- Brembo fast road pads
- Custom HEL carbon wrapped stainless brake lines
- Eibach 25mm fast road springs
- Full ABP FRSU
- Programmable shift light
- TRS FIA approved harnesses
- Front windows tinted (to allow legal 70% light)
- OEM callipers powdercoated black
- OEM Enkei wheels powdercoated cosmic grey with black pearl
- Polished OEM exhaust
- NOS install

and I think that's most of them! I even got a load of Honda goodies with it as well! The car is absolutely spotless, I've previously owned a 2013 Fiesta ST and even that wasn't as tidy. The next few pictures really don't do it justice thanks to them being taken by my iPhone.

Here we are stopping for fuel at Fleet services at around 12.30am on the return trip.

I arrived home at about 1.30am, 5 hours later and I was up early on Sunday for 'Simply Japanese' at Beaulieu Motor Museum which is about a 10 minute journey from my house. I planned to get up early and give the car a wash, however it was still so clean there wasn't any point! The best I could do was pick any bugs off the front from the drive home and break out the window products to get them as clean as possible. Me and my friends are a small group who all love Honda's and all love cars. Our cars include Joe's b16 turbo Del Sol to Rick's Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R, even Lee's recently purchased Smokehoes Ep3 (I'm sure some of you have seen or heard of them). My mate Dan also has an in progress K20 conversion EK (which you may or may not have seen on facebook). We arrived at the show and it was raining VERY hard putting a damper on our expectations for the day. However once we'd all parked and lined up it was incredibly sunny, so we got cracking and wiped down all the cars.

Our 3 Ep3's all lined up.

A shot of the bay, the only thing I dislike is the green plug cover. This will be swapped out soon.

A shot of the boot with the NOS bottle in the corner, this was definitely a conversation starter for the day. People would see the solenoid in the bay and walk round curiously to the boot to find the bottle and a sudden surprised look on their face. This is the first time I've been in a show so I didn't take many pictures this time but it was fantastic.

Afterwards we went out for a cruise and found somewhere to park up for a chat, this pic was taken by George bravely (and possibly stupidly) sticking out of the window of Si's Ep3 on the way there just as Rick went for an overtake in his S15.

Quick snap when I arrived home.

That brings us to yesterday afternoon when I took the girlfriend out for a meal at the local TGI's in Southampton for our 3 year anniversary, couldn't help but take a snap on the way in.

Finally I took some photo's at work today of the interior and also of the refitted normal plates, I think the black plates looked great against the paint but were obviously illegal. I may or may not have ever been pulled by the rozzers for them but I wasn't prepared to risk it. I've never once been pulled in the 3/4 years I've been driving and wouldn't like to be anytime soon.

And that's it up to now! I've been in Ep3 Type R ownership for around 48 hours and I'm loving it. A replacement plug cover has been ordered already which will be fitted as soon as it arrives and I've got a load of plans in-store. It's awesome to be a member and I'll look forward to being more involved in the forum!

Any comments/criticism welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
The engine is completely standard and the bottle is currently empty. However I have a rolling road print out taken from the car when the NOS was running on the rollers at ABP of 256.7 bhp.

UPDATE: So the other night me and a friend of a mine went down to Calshot beach (my local) and took some snaps, came out quite well to be fair.

Yesterday my carbon spark plug cover I ordered from Tegiwa showed up, ordered Monday and came Wednesday. Pretty good quality and no more green :) excuse the pics, car was really parked the wrong way to get some light on the bay :/

Before

After

Dead pleased with the results :) so with that fitted, I headed off to Brands Hatch for my Nissan GTR experience my girlfriend bought me for Christmas. It was only when it came to it they told me it had been chipped to 630bhp! Had an awesome drive but I did still miss vtec ;) Would like to take the ep3 round there at some point.

Got your self a nice car there mate it looks nice and suttle I would like to get cosmic grey ep at some point I've got a night hawk black ep at the mo pre facelift you got many plans for yours?

Lovely car you have there bud. The tyres, wheels and suspension combo is perfect. Definitely one of the best EP3s I've seen.

I've always wondered what the combination of nos and vtec would be like. Get that bottle charged!

Thanks for the comments guys! MIGHT get the bottle filled at some point ;) plans wise I'm putting my own spin on the engine bay (in progress) then I'll be getting a few mugen bits and chasing a bit of power. Also want to sort a set of volks at some point!

UPDATE

Went up to Andover Sunday night for a quick meet with my mate Andy in his bonkers Ep2 (we're talking a plasti-dip exterior, zebra print wrap, what looks like a paint explosion under the bonnet etc).

Also a pic of the gf cleaning the wheels before hand ;) she wouldn't even go near a car before she met me!

Took a trip to TGM Sport Racing yesterday for a major service, top guys! Informed me of every step, any problems and what to do about it. Even let me stand in the workshop having a chat while they worked! Highly recommended, 110 mile round trip was worth it.

Finally, a few bits came in the post! Unfortunately I had some J's Racing bits on order from Sumo Power that have had to be imported from Japan and will arrive in 2 weeks, good service though and they informed me straight away. Still I got my Meguiar's snowfoam, mitt and lance through. As well as my gold nuts and carbon inlet cover which were fitted last night :)

Dead pleased with the results :)

Should hopefully have my bits on order arrive sooner rather than later and I'm debating a Tegiwa M or Gruppe M at the end of the month :)

I want your car haha can you get any bits from honda cheap as you work there?

Haha, she's staying with me for a fairly long time ;) besides the gent I bought it off has already called dibs! :lol: yeah any parts I want I get discount on them. Unfortunately we don't stock Mugen or Spoon parts like the Hendy group do for example

Haha dont blame ya mate i need front and back type r badges

I've never looked into those, I've heard they're mega expensive though... mine have been kept up together so that's cool, but to be honest I think I'd just go grab a pair from halfords for £10 than pay probably over £100 for genuine ones. They won't last as long but save you a fair bit, up to you on that though mate

Had the cheaper ones there no good ive seen the type r badges on hendy performance but not got any yet where bouts in southampton you live

Back