• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What car soap/shampoo do you use?

Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like turtlewax zip wax personally. Used a few others and I find my wax coatings last a little longer with the turtlewax stuff. I've used a demonshine shampoo, halfords own and an expensive megs one from memory.

Dunno what to buy, im a fan of turtle wax myself. I read online app that halfords one is good, got a better rating than megs lol

I'm a big fan of megs and their shampoo was over double the price of zip wax and I found it left 'holograms' and completely removed wax coats. Never buying again, it's the only car shampoo that I've not finished, still got 2/3rds left in the garage.

The halfords stuff really wasn't that bad, for the price I thought it was excellent. I don't know if it was placebo or just me being a brand whore but I just felt the turtlewax stuff was that little bit better.

I've tried the turtle wax stuff and just felt it was inferior to the autoglym, but that may just be me being a brand whore as well as I only ever use Autoglym products on my car and have the full Autoglym range.

I heard pretty rubbish reports about the autogym tbh! You guys rate it then? Is it soapy? Or more watery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get minimal suds and it leaves a nice finish to your bodywork. Like I say though I use other Autoglym products with it like; intense tar and glue remover, surface detailing kit, HD wax etc...

Rubbish reports? It's a car shampoo :lol: it produces bugger all in the way of bubbles but it still makes the wash mitt glide over the car. I prefer less suds as they're a cnut to wash away and out of the wash mitt.

If you like loads of suds I also use Meg gold class, smells lovely too. Both left a clean car ready for waxing.

I am an AG whore but I don't rate all their products. ObliTARate is by far a better tar remover than AG's.

I used to use AutoGlym bodywork shampoo and conditioner, that was a good product but then I bought a 5L AutoGlym shampoo (the purple trade one) this is more concentrated and thicker and it soaps up unbelievably well, and also smells amazing.

Dodo juice sour power is my number 1 choice. Very strong but is also friendly on wax and a small amount goes a long way (2 caps per bucket) it also has gloss enhancers so always gives a very nice shine and also contains carnauba wax so it is very silky when washing and the best bit... it smells amazing !

As above Dodo juice sour power is great for between waxes. a 500ml bottle lasts about a year of washing every other week (and weekly in the winter) and it works really well.

Back