• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

It's an S800, first one I've seen.

The Jazz is on pcp, mainly so that I can't modify it. I drove to Edinburgh and back last night and I was really disappointed by the 44mpg average. So it is now my mission to make this a super efficient car. Starting with tyres pressures, then checking the brakes, suspension geo and so on. Bl**dy determined to get it up to the 51 combined average quoted by Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lusting after those for two years, they were the inspiration behind the blue colour scheme! If I do get my hands on some they will be for the EP3!

I always fancied a set for my EP3 too - they suit the Jazz and EP3 really well. None of the colours worked for me against a cosmic though. The blue against the NHB though.... :smt045

I've only just read this. I'm hugely dissapointed :( The civic had so much potential for awesomeness.

I guess it's cool that it'll become a gate guardian but IMO that's no where near as cool as it being on the road or better still, the track (with a k20 in).

Well now that the deal is done I guess I can spill the beans;

The plan was to put the EP3 back on the road and sorn the '85 while I did some work to it. Jamieboy came over and put in a massive effort rebuilding the EP3 before the mot ran out. Unfortunately I found that spot of corrosion on it last month and the airbag light is being a ****. I spent two days fault finding, replacing resistors and wires and resetting the airbag system. I thought I had finally conquered the b*stard light an hour before the mot booking, massive sigh of relief, then the little ****er came back on during the 500m drive to the test centre :mad:. So back home, quick car swap and the '85 went for mot instead. As expected it failed too: it needed welding, a cv joint boot and a few other minor things. Nothing I couldn't take care of given time, but owning two unpredictable cars was really becoming too much.

I've just this week done a massive reshuffle of my finances, living paycheck to paycheck with no emergency barrier is truly awful. This car swap was a big part of making my outgoings more predictable. So the EP3 is sorn and the '85 is gone. Once everything is settled I'll be able to give the R the attention it deserves. There really was no contest between the two cars, the EP3 has become such a big part of my life over the last three years and I can't see myself selling it for a very long time.

Honda gave me £1000 as px on the Jazz, twice what I paid for it six months ago and a profit of £200. I will miss it a lot, but it was time for the head to rule the heart. It was also time for a panoramic roof :lol:

The levels of coolness the 85 could of had is unthinkable and going with the ep3 you would of hit it on the head.
However, sensible head ain't a bad thing, I would of took the 85 from you but not for what Honda gave you lol.

Looking forward to seeing updates for it through time.
Is the jazz worthy of a jimbosmagnificentjazz thread?
How longs the ep3 likely to be sorned for?

Jeez, you guys are really not helping me deal with the parting of a loved one :lol: :-({|=

No thread for the Jazz, though I may start an 'adventures in fuel economy' thread as I try to wring every last mpg out of it to satisfy my ocd and save money for the R. The sorn will certainly be for the rest of the winter, difficult to say at the moment.

Jeez, you guys are really not helping me deal with the parting of a loved one :lol: :-({|=

No thread for the Jazz, though I may start an 'adventures in fuel economy' thread as I try to wring every last mpg out of it to satisfy my ocd and save money for the R. The sorn will certainly be for the rest of the winter, difficult to say at the moment.

Do we get to compete who can get better MPG, the Jazz or the Hybrid?

You fvck, I would have bought it off of you! Hell, I would have bought it if you didn't the day I test drove it for you. :lol:

Do we get to compete who can get better MPG, the Jazz or the Hybrid?

Absolutely, I do enjoy winning. :lol:

I've only managed 44mpg average so far. Pretty disappointed tbh, Honda claim 51 combined. I have lots of theories as to why, dragging brakes being the most likely. What should the hybrid do?

You fvck, I would have bought it off of you! Hell, I would have bought it if you didn't the day I test drove it for you. :lol:

Honestly bud, it wasn't worth anything like what Honda paid. With the impending problems I couldn't have sold it to an enthusiast in good conscience. I think I got the last of it's miles, it needs thousands spent on it before you or I would have been happy. It was pretty awesome driving it around though. You totally should have stabbed me in the back and bought it that day.

Absolutely, I do enjoy winning. :lol:

I've only managed 44mpg average so far. Pretty disappointed tbh, Honda claim 51 combined. I have lots of theories as to why, dragging brakes being the most likely. What should the hybrid do?

55 - 60mpg

Loser brings beers to JAE?

Fair enough, and noble of you. And my moral fibre, much like yours, wouldn't have allowed that sort of behaviour (regarding buying the car from underneath you).

Back