• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Nope, I'm much to enraged about the seat situation in my EP3 to even think about seats for this car right now. I'm about to go have a rant about it on my EP thread.

They've been relisted, so I'll keep an eye on them to see if they get cheaper.

:( Just read mate. Seriously bad luck. JDM stuff is so nice and rare, but there comes a time where the wait/disappointment with fitments etc outweighs what you actually were hoping for.

Yeh, it was getting me down, but I've just thrown myself into painting car bits to distract from the seats. Most of the parts I'm painting are for other people, or for the EP3 and a surprise for JAE.

BUT, I did paint the wiper arms for this car today! I'm really looking forward to getting the rust sorted so that I can go nuts with the paint, like really nuts. I'm thinking maybe light grey....

First decent bit of progress.

I've spent the last three days fixing a big chunk of rust on the rear arch, then fixing the rear bumper. The bumper had been bent and fixed back on with a woodscrew :evil: So it's now straight, zip-stitched, new hangers and fixings made. I've also cut about 2" of plastic off the bottom.

My (all-kinds-of-mental) neighbour lent me an arc welder today, and I've now decided exactly what I want for my birthday! So much unsightly and amateurish progress will be made soon.

Gotta love an old skool honda. Reminds me of my crx that I wished I had never sold. Was my first car and paid a fortune for Insurance. Just love the look of old civics and crx's.

This reminds me of the Wayne world car! Without looking it up I couldn't say if it was the same or not, but a strawberry laces dispenser in the roof must be on your to do list?

Gotta love an old skool honda. Reminds me of my crx that I wished I had never sold. Was my first car and paid a fortune for Insurance. Just love the look of old civics and crx's.

There is something about them, so fricking ugly that they have a certain charm. I've always like the blocky '80s style cars, top of my list of cars to own is an AE86 with mandatory Fujiwara Tofu Shop decals.

This reminds me of the Wayne world car! Without looking it up I couldn't say if it was the same or not, but a strawberry laces dispenser in the roof must be on your to do list?

The Mirth Mobile! YES. I can't believe I haven't seen that. I shall scour the interweb for a red rope liquorice dispenser immediately.

I believe the original was a '76 AMC Pacer.

Haha, glad to of service. Cool as chuff car, wish I could have the patience to have something like this as a daily!

Since you bought this i have found myself perusing autotrader for something similar. Just a basic old Honda to have some fun with :D

There's heaps of old Hondas out there, finding a good one is another matter however. I got absurdly lucky. It's always going to be a gamble with old cars.

I have quite a lot of time on standby with my job so it's good to have a project, otherwise I just spend all day discovering deeper and darker corners of the internet. I'm loving having a simple and inexpensive car to experiment with.

Very true mate. Finding a decent project is the hard part.
The aim is to pay little for the car and similar or less on repairs or it gets silly

Help!

The battery is dead. I haven't touched anything electric, besides the stereo which I removed and refitted exactly as it was. There was no lights left on. I jump started the car, let it run for 30 mins and then drove for 30 mins. I tried to start it again and there was still no charge in the battery.

So, how do I diagnose the problem? Recharge the battery and wait to see what happens?

Sounds like the battery's had it to me. Check your alternator charge rate is sufficient, if its ok then its more than likely a dead cell in your battery. If it's gone flat while its been sat it's more than likely the battery, especially as it's dropped in temperature outside recently.

Back