• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Lol Hazz, I wish I had seen that!

I'm not going to change the intake or exhaust while it's an auto. Bike carbs actually seem to be quite an easy swap, I've seen a few build threads where people have done it easily enough. I do know a chap on Red Pepper Racing that has everything needed for a manual conversion, it's just sitting doing nothing and he likes his car auto. So I was considering offering him my autobox for spares and some cash in exchange. If that happens then bike carbs are a distinct possibility.

I really dislike the intake system on this car. It's rusty and needlessly complicated. It has an early exhaust gas recirculation system, which makes it a PITA to start when hot and is so old and tired that it probably increases fuel consumption now. It's the only thing on this car that I don't want to refurbish.

Subscribed

Hell of a project Jimbo and you deserve credit for using this classic as a daily driver. I had an 86 MG Metro when I first passed my test and that was good fun, like any car of that era though they do need a few coats of underseal to keep them in one piece

I'm working on the front wheels today, should have them painted tonight. The tyres are well past their best, but I've found that Goodyears only cost £34 in that size! BUT, last night I found an awesome set of wheels for sale, so I'll hold off on tyres until payday and decide then. I'm fairly sure they'll fit, though 15" 7j and et20 wheels are going to be a stretch.

Rocker cover and oil cap refurbished and back on the car

Stripping steel wheels is utterly soul destroying.

The old girl had her first trip to Automek today. Had a full service; all fluids and filters changed, new sparkplugs, brakes stripped and an all over health check. It needs to go back at some point for some new ball joints and to have a custom transmission cooler made, but it's not urgent. All in all I'm happy, the guys said they were 'very impressed' with the general condition of the car, and we've made up a maintenance and repair schedule. It's running superbly now.

I also made an awesome impulse purchase at a scrapyard last week, but that's staying a secret until I get it all cleaned up and fitted.

2015 goal?

924060_1522605551337476_186454286_n.jpg

That's a stunner Jim. If yours end up anywhere near as nice as that, it'll be a beaut.

Ooft, that makes me feel all funny in my special place. But yeh, not as awesomesauce as a 3rd gen.

There's a long way to go with this car, and my plans are changing as I get to know it better. Clean and oem+ are the watchwords here. This is currently my backdrop:

Me too. It's remarkable what a few subtle things do to these cars. Lowering and wheels and it goes from goofy looking granny wagon to a classic jdm street weapon. Mine is currently still goofy looking but with all the inconveniences of lowering. Win.

Back