• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

WelshyWelsh

TRO Supporter
Hi guys

New car time! After two and a half years of loving my EP3, I wanted something a bit newer, whiter, exclusive and a Type R. I was so close to buying an FD2, but after weighing up the pros and cons, I decided on a Mugen 200 and bought this beauty from Scotland yesterday.

23K miles, FSH and immaculate inside and out - 100% worth the trip up!

Having driven it back to Cardiff, the 400 mile trip of twisty A roads and motorway confirmed I've made the right choice and I couldn't be happier! I know the FN2 gets a bad rep - I remember watching Clarkson destroy it when convincing myself on the EP3 - but for me it's the perfect car. For motorway cruising I've got bags of refinement and toys and the handling difference off the motorway with the LSD is something else :lol: Having driven the FD2 also, I'm sure it's a few seconds faster around Tsukuba, but for what I do on a daily basis, the difference is minimal.

Somehow it looks better in the flesh too and the induction note is amazing. The car is completely standard with the exception of a K&N panel filter. Not sure how much difference it makes to the noise over standard, but it's a lifetime filter either way.

I'm removing my Spoon calipers from my EP3 prior to selling, with a view to improving the braking performance on this. I know... mixing Spoon and Mugen, but, meh, whatever. If they don't fit straight on however, I'll sell them and keep the car 100% standard. Outside of that I have no plans. I know that's boring, but as there are only 200 around and I paid the Mugen premium up-front, I feel I've done enough for now!

Hope you guys like it.

Couple of the two together. If only I could keep them both!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. FN2's have grown on me over the years; remember despising them when they were first released.

Good call on putting the Spoon callipers on. Only other thing I'd have on my must-do list is fit a full-on Mugen wing; think they're great.

As a perhaps option, if the Spoons fit, better discs, pads, lines, etc. But you're probably already thinking along those lines.

Thanks guys! sunday_driver whereabouts are you? I'll keep an eye out :)

I'm completely 50/50 on the wing. The car is already pretty mental in the flesh and is already attracting lots of attention. Not sure I'd want to add to it just yet. Plus I now have no money!

I love the look of the mugen wing, it totaly transforms the rear of the car I love mine:p

Just been looking at your thread - car looks stunning. Found a few twisty Scottish roads on the way home :)

The wing is very good too.... I'm now on the other side of the 50/50 :D

Cheers, lol dam straight that could be your wee treat when you sell your ep3;) just think with your mugen front/rear splitters and the wing plus the lightning alloys it will look ace!!!

Cheers Loxy. As you know I was very close to an FD2, but really chuffed with this.

Dave, the EP3 sale money will be going straight on paying for the M200! Which reminds me, it's in the Cars for Sale section... Someone buy it :p

Thanks guys! sunday_driver whereabouts are you? I'll keep an eye out :)

I'm completely 50/50 on the wing. The car is already pretty mental in the flesh and is already attracting lots of attention. Not sure I'd want to add to it just yet. Plus I now have no money!

I'm in the Rhondda, how about you?

And long may you be happy and surprised every time you go outside!

You know we're all living vicariously through you now? You need to share EVERYTHING.

Phwoaaaarrrrrrr! :cool:

Amazing looking car. Simply amazing
Very envious "other" Honda driver :D

…i want one...:smt047

Back