• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

I couple of pics from Cadwell. Just learned how to properly upload photos from photo bucket using an iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got round to changing my knackered fog lights today. They haven't worked since I bought it three years ago and using jimbo's guide it was easy enough to do. The original fog lights were full of grit and the bulbs snapped off in the housings, so not supprizing they didn't work. Also had to superglue the front bumper brackets as they were split and cracked.

Also got four new tyres this month Yokohama blu earths.

Going to enjoy the car for a while now and save up for the next mods :D

6D7CDAE7-8458-48EE-9D3D-76A4E0AA0A8E.jpeg

Yesterday got round to heat wrapping the front section of the skunk 2 exhaust to stop kettling effect and fitted poly exhaust hangers to reduce exhaust movement.

Next up is to fit the following and have FRSU done=

Eibach Pro lowering springs, front camber bolts, rear adjustable arms , front top mounts , track rod ends and new steering rack slider.

Hopefully sound notice a good difference after fitting these and having the FRSU done.

Should feel really good after having those fitted mate. Who is doing the work?

Cheers Mate. Yes I’m hoping it will make a good difference. I’m getting it done at
TI Motorsport ( TEGIWA ) in a couple of weeks, been there a couple of times now and can’t fault there work and price.

We should have a meet up soon in spring for a catch up :D

Ok mate just asking as I am looking for someone to service the car and check the geometry for me. Got a couple of trackdays booked already Cadwell 15th May and Anglesey on the 16th July. Meet up in spring so good.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ok mate just asking as I am looking for someone to service the car and check the geometry for me. Got a couple of trackdays booked already Cadwell 15th May and Anglesey on the 16th July. Meet up in spring so good.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes I would definitely recommend TI Motorsport only thing is it’s a couple of hours journey. That’s ace you’ve got a couple of track days booked, I will probably look at getting one booked at Cadwell myself in summer. I will update on here once I’ve had the suspension FRSU complete. See you in spring soon. Cheers

Bit of an update.

Now had fitted my eibach pro 30mm lowering springs, adjustable camber arms, front camber bolts, new track rod ends, new top mounts and steering rack slider. TI Motorsport ( TEGIWA ) fitted these last Saturday and did FRSU geometry. I had to have two near rear shocks as they were shot and some new bolts as they were so corroded.

It now drives spot on, I’m so pleased with how it feels on the road and cornering is so much better. I should of got this done years ago. The springs are the biggest surprise as they are much smoother then OEM and less bumpy which I wasn’t expecting.

I finally got round to fitting my climair wind deflectors today as well.

Next up in February I will do a full service including gearbox oil.

Great springs the Eibach Pro kit.

I've got similar set up on mine.

My boss had the same troubles as you with his rear shocks in the end my mate doing the work gave up as we didn't have new shocks to hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful! If you sell it please let me know LOL.

Lol no chance of me selling mate. Keep searching and the right one will come up for sale eventually. It took me over a year to find the right one. However like most ep3 owners, I have spent a fortune on it since owning it and this only becomes more as you get the modding bug ;)

Full service done today including gearbox oil, millers 5w40 nanodrive oil, new Honda OEM oil filter and cleaned and re-oiled ITG foam filter, clutch feels better and gears feel good. Only problem I had today was undoing the fill bolt on the transmission, it took ages to get it undone, got there in the end.

A few pictures from Cadwell Park, went for a day out to modified live ( 20minute track session ) it gave me chance to give the new suspension and brakes a bit of a test. Very happy with the fast road set up, car feels a lot more grippy and more stable. The brakes were fantastic too, current brake installation/ set up is:

RPB front and rear grooved discs
RPB Braided brake lines
PBS front brake pads
Genuine Honda Rear pads
Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
New Genuine Honda OEM Front calipers
Budweg Rear calipers

The brakes feel good and really good bite but the pbs pads are noisey when braking hard and the dust is quite bad,but doesn’t really bother me, overall very pleased.

Next up exciting times in June for a K100 and remap :lol:

PS please excuse the copyright txt over the pics, I was too tight to purchase them,:p

Attachments

• 135888F3-03F9-4516-BDEE-29800722132F.png
    135888F3-03F9-4516-BDEE-29800722132F.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 38
  • D4087F9D-EA05-4AB4-92F6-964FCF3A8B11.png
    D4087F9D-EA05-4AB4-92F6-964FCF3A8B11.png
    435.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 8D26C2EC-FF93-4291-922A-BF42EE8819D0.png
    8D26C2EC-FF93-4291-922A-BF42EE8819D0.png
    503.9 KB · Views: 44
K100 & Remap now done.

Had a K100 and remap finally done a couple of weeks ago at TDI north. I’m so impressed with how the car now drives and responds. It’s transformed the car, mid range is so much better, mpg improved, throttle response is better and on a whole the car now drives really smooth. Well worth the money. I’m very pleased with the figures considering it has the OEM standard cat still in place and the only power / breathing mods I have are a ITG maxogen cold air induction and a Skunk 2 Megapower exhaust. Surprisingly before mapping the car was running at 218 Bhp , After remap made 224 bhp. I’m going to enjoy the car now :lol:

Attachments

• FDC7D8FE-DDE4-47D4-AB84-8B4ABA96D517.jpeg
    FDC7D8FE-DDE4-47D4-AB84-8B4ABA96D517.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 35
That sounds great mate, I've got the ITG maxogen and an M2 b pipe to fit. Been considering a K100. Wish I'd kept the Rbc ported to 70mm that I had a couple of years ago.

That sounds great mate, I've got the ITG maxogen and an M2 b pipe to fit. Been considering a K100. Wish I'd kept the Rbc ported to 70mm that I had a couple of years ago.

Cheers mate, yes I definitely recommend getting a k100, it’s took me a while to save up to get one but well worth the wait, I’m very chuffed with it. Cheers

How much has the remap improved say 30-70 times, based on oem being something like 6.3 seconds through the gears? Just want to get a feel before taking the plunge.

How much has the remap improved say 30-70 times, based on oem being something like 6.3 seconds through the gears? Just want to get a feel before taking the plunge.

Hi mate, I haven’t timed it but I would say it’s a good 30% quicker in mid range, i was torn weather to get it done or not over the past couple of years, but I’m so pleased I got it done, well worth the money and I would think a lot of people on here would agree.

Back