• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Cheers mate, next up is a full decontamination of exterior including polish and wax, just waiting for the random rain and hail stone showers to pass. :eek:

Tuned in for more updates :smt023

Gonna have to shell out for some premier seats. Wish I'd known the premier model existed when I bought mine!! :smt090

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of an update, I’m back at work full time again now so progress has slowed a bit but I managed to do a full exterior detail last weekend and put my wheels back on. The products I used and process was:

Pressured washed off,
Snow foam applied ( auto finesse avalanche)
Pressure washed off,
Washed using two bucket method ( auto finesse lather chocolate milkshake scent :)
Pressure washed off,
Applied auto finesse iron out and left to dwell for 5 mins,
Pressure washed off,
Dried the car off,
Applied auto finesse Ablitarate Tar remover and let it dwell for 5 mins,
Microfibre cloth wiped this off,
Clay bared the whole car ( auto finesse clay and clay lube )
Micro fibre off the residue,
Machine polished the car using auto finesse one step polish and the machine is a dodo juice DAS-6 orbital polisher. On speed setting 2 and using a light fine pad as we all know Hondas paint is very soft especially older hondas,
Wiped down all residue with micro fibre cloths,
finally waxed the whole car using bilt hamber speed wax.

I’m pleased with how it’s come up considering he’s 15 years old now :eek:

Interior and engine bay cleaning / detailing next.

Looks great mate. Some serious effort gone into this with rust treatment etc.
Mine has been locked away in the garage for 8 weeks due to lockdown. Might be time to bring it out into daylight:D

That looks fantastic. Great effort.

Can't beat a black car when it's polished up like that.

I could do with claying and polishing mine again.

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

Looks great mate. Some serious effort gone into this with rust treatment etc.
Mine has been locked away in the garage for 8 weeks due to lockdown. Might be time to bring it out into daylight:D
Cheers, yes definitely bring yours out and give it drive.:)

Just a small update, I’ve been working a lot recently so haven’t got round to cleaning the engine bay yet but did manage to spray the wiper arms in a fresh satin black. It took half an hour to get them off! They were stuck solid but managed to get them off in the end using lots of wd40 and a ball joint separator.

Cleaned and sanded

Primed twice
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j9fEym]
Top coated in satin black and a two coats of clear coat, then fitted. Typically it then rained.: [url=https://flic.kr/p/2j9bFY4]

So after two years of saving, I’ve purchased the following below.
MFactory helical limited slip diff with race pack and new bearings,
Hel braided clutch line,
New drive shaft seals,
Genuine genuine Honda 5.3 final drive
Genuine Honda clutch kit
Genuine Honda front wishbones refurbished and powder coated in purple ( just for a bit of uniqueness)
Hardrace lower control arm bushes
Tegiwa roll centre adjuster ball joints
50037927431_56a0008e33.jpg

50037927511_cc560a1590.jpg

50037385828_95f9877edf_w.jpg

50037385863_dfa8534b27_w.jpg

I’m booked in at area motorsport for the fitting of all the above and front alignment checks and adjustment.

All this above was fitted yesterday at area Motorsport and wow, what a difference! The car pulls harder and the clutch and gearbox feels great. The LSD pulls you round the corners Effortlessly. I look forward to getting on track soon. A big shout out to area Motorsport, they provided great friendly service and transformed the handling and feel of the car, I highly recommend them.

Prior to leaving.
50048443046_3b86635ba7_w.jpg

Gearbox undergoing work.
50047881218_b9a125551f_w.jpg

Took it for another drive yesterday and I wish I’d had an LSD as one of my 1st mods, it makes a huge difference to traction and handling. Whilst The gearbox was open, it was inspected and as I thought it needed a new 3/4 Honda hub and slider kit. This has now solved the third to forth gear occasionally crunch at high revs, hoping to get on a track day at Cadwell soon as it’s only half an hour away from me:D

Certainly am mate, next up at the weekend I will remove the rear speakers to inspect for rust, hopefully it won’t be bad.

Thanks for the reminder! Still need to do mine, bought the trim remover tools, just forgot all about it! :lol:

After inspecting the rear speakers, there not too bad plus where I sprayed s50 Bilt hamber cavity wax into the sills its penetrated into this area. So I just topped it up and I will leave this For next year. I purchased some Fusso99 dark 12 month protection wax and applied this last week. Results are impressive but it takes a lot of elbow grease to buff off. I think it’s because it’s a hard wax.

Pics behind speakers after a top up of s50 wax.
50154296676_0cdf6baa76.jpg

50154296571_64770d2740.jpg

Couple of bleeding pics after applying fusso99 dark 12month protection wax:lol:

50154536022_33898233e6_b.jpg

50153747343_60435ac426_z.jpg

After having the M factory lsd and 5.3 final drive fitted, it wasn’t long before the poor old original engine mounts started to fail. Under hard acceleration and braking there was some serious engine movement. So a purchased the vibratecnics road mounts which was the side , gearbox, and rear. I also went for a hardrace front mount. I fitted the side and gearbox mounts myself and on Thursday took a trip to Area Motorsport and had the front and rear mounts installed. The car feels brilliant and no engine movement. The vibration isn’t that bad at all. So overall really chuffed with the mounts and credit again to area motorsport. Front discs and pads are next on my list, hopefully I will get round to doing this in the next few days.

Back