• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Had a day off today, so got round to changing the front discs and pads. I’ve gone for RPB discs and PBS pads, it’s a good combo that I think works well. Forgot to mention when I had the new mounts fitted I had the Tegiwa ridgid collars fitted to the subframe and new Honda subframe bolts.

Had a day off today, so got round to changing the front discs and pads. I’ve gone for RPB discs and PBS pads, it’s a good combo that I think works well. Forgot to mention when I had the new mounts fitted I had the Tegiwa ridgid collars fitted to the subframe and new Honda subframe bolts.

Good work Rikki, do you think the collars are worth it? not sure if the track car has them or not.

Good work Rikki, do you think the collars are worth it? not sure if the track car has them or not.
Cheers Simon, yes I definitely think you can tell a difference with the ridgid collars, everything feels a lot more tighter and no movement at all. I recommend going for the 4 x new subframe bolts at the same time as apparently the subframe bolts are stretched each time they are removed and put back in. So for piece of mind I changed these too, as they were the original bolts. Look forward to hearing about your next track session.

Cheers Simon, yes I definitely think you can tell a difference with the ridgid collars, everything feels a lot more tighter and no movement at all. I recommend going for the 4 x new subframe bolts at the same time as apparently the subframe bolts are stretched each time they are removed and put back in. So for piece of mind I changed these too, as they were the original bolts. Look forward to hearing about your next track session.

Cheers Rikki, yes next one is 30th November Cadwell again 2nd shakedown hopefully better than the last one.

Nice work Ricki

Speaker bits, LSD, wiper arms - all good mate :cool:

You see SOOOOO many EP3's breaking now its nice to see one really being loved and looked after.

I remember a few years back you tanking it past me on the Lincoln Bypass from Carholme roundabout hehe

My lad has just bought his first car (Civic EP2) and we've done loads to it already.
I have gone through the pain of wire brushing and rust proofing all the underside and coating with Bilt Hamber underseal.
Not a job I'd rush to do again lol, but at least I managed to get it all done over a couple of days up on the ramps which made it a lot easier than lying under axle stands :lol:

Seemed every time week fixed one issue, another issue popped up.
We're about £800 in repairs and maintenance and think everything is done now. (He's hoping to keep it a couple of years)
Discs + Pads at the front, strip and clean rears, new rear shocks, new front wishbones, cam belt, aux belt, water pump, spark plugs, valve clearances, rocker cover gasket, coolant change, oil + filter, gearbox oil, induction kit, cabin filter, bulbs, front calipers, exhaust....

A lot of satisfaction when you look at it and drive it now though.

These cars are great, even better with a K20 in, but his time will come.

Keep up the good work mate

Cheers mate, it’s a constant labour of love keeping on top of the tasks and small amounts of rust here and there but it keeps me busy :)
Great to hear your lad had an ep2 and starting to make it his own, you should get some pics on the forum, it won’t be long until he is in an Ep3.
A full interior clean and hoover is the next job on my list hopefully at the weekend.

Cheers mate, it’s a constant labour of love keeping on top of the tasks and small amounts of rust here and there but it keeps me busy :)
Great to hear your lad had an ep2 and starting to make it his own, you should get some pics on the forum, it won’t be long until he is in an Ep3.
A full interior clean and hoover is the next job on my list hopefully at the weekend.

I'll start a thread on his car mate :)

Have you a link for both?

Good stuff matey. Always a good read. What’s next in the pipeline? :smt023

Cheers mate, not got any big plans for a while now, I’m just going to give the interior a good clean, then next I might change the drop links to some hard race versions and maybe some new rear control arms and bushes as they have seen better days. I will get some pics up of the brakes and interior this weekend.

Certainly am mate, next up at the weekend I will remove the rear speakers to inspect for rust, hopefully it won’t be bad.

Hi mate, what's the issue here? Haven't heard of this?

EDIT: NOT good found a fair bit of surface rust or possibly requiring being cut out completely... is that what people usually do when they refer to the sills or is it the front too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, what's the issue here? Haven't heard of this?

EDIT: NOT good found a fair bit of surface rust or possibly requiring being cut out completely... is that what people usually do when they refer to the sills or is it the front too?

Hi mate, behind the rear speakers it’s common to find some heavy rust behind there, which then will be found under the rear sills also, if it’s bad enough then the only way to get rid is to weld in fresh steel. However if the rust is just surface rust then it can be treated. It’s very common now on Ep3’s to have severe rust on the whole of the sills and floor pan.

Hi, I've just been quoted £600 by one place and £800 by another, not sure which to go for as both have a good rep, the latter does race cars though so thinking pay the extra... Ah the floor pan not good, I only got the car a couple days ago all arches look mint on the outside and haven't taken the liners out, is it true they all have stupid material liners or is that just a pre-face thing? I might have to take the seats out and check under the carpet now :( not good.

I would check behind the rear arch liners, a lot of ep3’s have nasty rust holes behind there, the facelift Ep3 was fitted with carpet / plastic arch liners which can encourage rust to develop.

Back