• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

coolant question?

Hi

Do you have to use honda type 2 coolant or can you use others? I went to my motor factors and asked for coolant for my ep3 type r. They gave me concentrate pink coloured coolant. Is this ok to use? Do i just fill half coolant half water?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how much coolant it will take from empty?
Im going to do a change but not sure how much its going to take!. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The amount of coolant it will take will be in the manual. I've no idea personally as I've always got a garage to do it.

It is around 2 1/2 litres to fill the system for a change, 3.5 if it is totally dry (as in new engine build) from memory.

Not sure how much. But I fill the rad all the way up and put some in the expansion tank. I put the heating all the way up and start the car. The air comes out slowly and the coolant level goes down and I just fill up more. I keep repeating until all the air comes out and I keep an eye on the temperature gauge. Others will use other methods. But this works for me. Again, the info will be in the manual

I completely drained and refilled mine yesterday and can confirm ep3 takes 5L of coolant from empty.

Sound like G12 coolant. Don't mix it with anything other than g12+ or distilled water. If you're changing to g12, make sure to get as much of the old stuff out of the system as possible.

It's good stuff with anti corrosion properties and is very good on gaskets etc and lasts a long long time.

Sound like G12 coolant. Don't mix it with anything other than g12+ or distilled water. If you're changing to g12, make sure to get as much of the old stuff out of the system as possible.

It's good stuff with anti corrosion properties and is very good on gaskets etc and lasts a long long time.
Ok cheers mate will give that a look!.

Back