• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

So I had a long drive to Glasgow and back today to see Ian (alpina527) to get some bits and bobs done.

-EDC Comp pack settings
-DCT GTS software (already done by evolve, but I had my doubts as it still didn't seem right)
-Brake light flashing and no fog lights illuminating (same as all facelift cars)

The Dct definitely seems better to me, so I'm doubtful it was ever done by evolve.

Weird that, because Evolve are meant to be pretty good. Or they just have a lot of fan boys.

Yeh they get great reviews! I had issues getting my stage 2 map on the car too. Might just be me being unlucky though.

Comp pack settings are a big improvement, I just need to see if the rear lights are sorted now (can't see my brake lights whilst driving)

Cars and coffee meet today

Had a mega day, including a play with a new Audi RS4, standard comp pack e92 M3 and Lamborghin Hurican.

Come on, you can't say that without saying what you thought of the cars :lol:

Also M3 is looking awesome dude.

Come on, you can't say that without saying what you thought of the cars :lol:

Also M3 is looking awesome dude.

Haha cheers dude!

New RS4- played twice from stand still in the dry. I didn't use launch control, just floored it in.
Both times the M3 was noticeably quicker by a few car lengths. The owner seemed like a top bloke, commented on mine "Pulls like a train" :D

Standard comp pack M3- This is my friends car, played from stand still. Again neither of us used launch control (both DCT cars) obviously running a stage 2 upgrade mine was quicker by a few car lengths.

Lamborghini Hurican - This was a spare of the moment thing as we (friend was behind me in his M3) just ended up seeing this on our travels, rolling start from about 30mph. Seemed pretty similar with him pulling away at points and me gaining on him at others.
I question whether he was fully committed/driving it to full potential as statistically it should be quicker with 602bhp!

All good fun though!

You're bloody terrible with cars :lol: what's next on the list? And please don't say "something sensible, because I have the bike to go fast"

Well I'm not sure yet, looking at a few cars but have one as my favourite.

I'm keeping my mouth shut until I get it, but it won't be anytime soon unfortunately as work and other commitments will get in the way.

Back