• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Premier EP3 - StopTech BBK/5.86 FD/TDI Cams 270BHP&181LB/FT

Hi thought I'd post up a progress blog for my 2006 NHB EP3. Previously built a 314BHP JRSC'd Premier EP3 that did a few track days, however sold that to purchase a house.

Moving on, bought the car in a tired state, 83K for a good price in May this year.

Fitted new steering wheel, interior grab inserts, Buddyclub short shifter, red floor mats, dash light bulbs, upgraded Pioneer speakers front & back with new headunit.

New number plate & JDM wind deflectors

Refurbished rear calipers, rear discs & pads, braided hoses, refurbed wishbones, powerflex full bush kit, Stoptech BBK, ABP Eibach springs, Eibach camber bolts & arms. Fitted by BroSport

M2 Toda style back box & R8BYB silenced b pipe

EBay HID 6000K kit

Evo 8 wheels - bargain however one was too badly buckled for repair. Got 2 from Rob at Area Motorsport needing a refurb..

CWM baffled sump, JDM refurbed rocker cover, Millers oil & Hamp filter all supplied & fitted by Area Motorsport. I fitted a Tegiwa induction kit with the fibreworx scoop too (terrible fitment on the scoop though)

Just had 5.86 M Factory final drive, M Factory LSD with the race pack upgrade, K24 6th gear & OEM clutch kit all fitted by Stevie @ Grinspeed. Awesome job as always (he fitted the JRSC to my old EP3).

Washed earlier on today (dirty again now! lol)

First trackday booked at Oulton on the 14th Feb - looking forward to getting out there again!

Need to order x4 semi slicks, get evo wheels refurbished, arch roll & a FRSU. And sort my brake pad rattle out, on my 2nd set of Stoptech pads and still no good..

Long term plans include cams/70mm RBC/header (got K100 & Skunk2 TB already). Also toying with the idea of a K24 conversion too but not 100% sure yet..

Comments welcome

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one stunning car you have done so much already! I'm still saving up for an exhaust and have many months to wait haha proper credit to you!
one question about the 6th gear, is that a well known change? Does it lower the RPM when cruising? Or is it for more acceleration?

Hi thanks for the kind words. Yeah it's been rushed as want to build it ASAP, then concentrate on trackdays & maintence next year. Been a hard slog with working alot though!

Yeah its a way of reducing the RPM whilst cruising, with the 5.86 FD it should be at 5K @ 70 however with the K24 6th it sits at 3750 (OEM 3.5K). I use the car for alot of commuting currently so ideal for me..

Its more like a cruising gear but still pulls in 6th, just mental in every other gear!

Should have a JDM rear anti roll bar in the next few weeks
Collected a set of 225/45/17 A048s too
Ford Sea Grey spray paint to tidy the Evo wheels up
New pads, FRSU, arch roll & underseal all planned for Jan so will be ready to hit the track - just hope this backbox isnt too loud!

Been busy spending all my money again...

Booked in at BroSport/Area for the following to be fitted;

70mm RBC
70mm adaptor plate
70mm Skunk 2 TB
K100 ECU
Tegiwa header
JDM front & rear ARBs
FRSU
Rear arch roll
Full underseal

Roll on the 10th Feb!

You'll also spot a K Tuned fuel rail with gauge & RC 440cc injectors...

And also finished my track day wheels

Anyone guess why I need the 440cc injectors? ;-)

OK quite abit has happened since my last update. Will go in order;

Had everything fitted above at BroSport/Area but ran a base map on the K100.

Oulton Park 14/2/15
Previous best lap time in the JRSC Civic was a 2.03, managed to match that in this one and that was before the cams & remap..! Awesome day some quality driving and met some great people.

02/03/15
Headed over to TDI North a few weeks later for;
TDI Stage 1 drop in cams
RDX 440cc injectors (my RC's I'd ordered were for a B series grrr!)
TDI North 3" Cat Back
Remap to suit

Made rather high numbers but we put that down to the 5.86FD messing with the rollers lol. (made 270BHP & 181 LB/FT)

03/03/15
Had the best news of 2015 so far (house sold after a very long wait) so I decided to treat the car to a wash! Its usually brown lol

And I'll be moving into a bungalow in the next 6 weeks I hope, only bought it for this! lol

Plans are obviously on hold for the time being but still collecting odd parts
K Tuned fuel rail (now in Black as I changed my mind, thanks Tegiwa)
Skunk 2 LCAs - knock offs but for £75 worth a chance
Steering wheel - plan is to have it refurbed fancy a nice suede finish to it
Got its MOT next week and feel it may get an advisory for the rear tyres, will be time to finally upgrade my road wheels

But have been enjoying driving it lately, itching to get back out on track again though I can afford!

Comments welcome
Dan

Loving the cams TBH, gives a real kick once Vtec is engaged and can still get 330 miles to a full tank when driving steady.

No where near as brutal as the old JRSC Civic but picks up extremely well with the 5.86 FD

I do like the noise it makes on idle too!

How did you find the m2 back box compared to the new one?
I currently have a japspeed manifold oem cat and m2 toda style back box with unsilenced mid pipe.
It's silly loud I do love it but motorway is painful at times
the gearbox changes might be a mod I need.

I want to get on the track but my exhaust might limit me where I can go

How did you find the m2 back box compared to the new one?
I currently have a japspeed manifold oem cat and m2 toda style back box with unsilenced mid pipe.
It's silly loud I do love it but motorway is painful at times
the gearbox changes might be a mod I need.

I want to get on the track but my exhaust might limit me where I can go

Hi mate TBH I prefer the sound of the M2/Silenced B Pipe.. Was much louder than the TDI 3" however I find this quite droney at motorway speeds..

Yeah you're right there with the unsilenced b pipe you'll struggle.. With the Tegiwa 421, R8BYB silienced B pipe & M2 back box it was 99db at 4k..

Best sounding exhaust Ive found is the Fujitsubo RM01A, just so pricey!

Ive got a couple of videos from the recent trackday I'll post up so you know what it sounds like

Yes I've got a thread on CTRO Dave, TBH I need to update that thread but im struggling to use the new forum whilst using my phone.. :-/

Thanks Bishop, yeah it goes well.

Ive booked a little track time & sprint thing for Tuner Fest in July and Ive booked a trackday at Rockingham for August. Car has passed its MOT but I've managed to warp my front discs... :-(

Back