• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ball joint refresh, poss extended rca's

Hi all im giving my suspension a refresh with a set of new coilovers, everything's been replaced from poly bushing to the arbs and the last thing to do is the front lower ball joints, now itll be lowered 35mm and can't seem to find and lower ball joint for the ep3 but they do list the for the ep2, em2 and the ep4 so I'm thinking they must be the same if they are then I cN get them in ADL blueprint. If not then looks like I'll have to get some tegiwa extended rca's. Has any body had any feed back on these. Thanks.

Im also looking at fresh ball joints and im looking at the hardrace rca's but most people tend to go for the buddyclub. I've heard that in general hardrace components outlast buddyclub items.

anyone had any experience with any rca?

The EP2 lower ball joints will be the same as the EP3.

As for the RCA's, I've got buddyclub (not fitted yet) and the quality is very good. They are quite beefy and the rubers seem hard enough to withstand punishment and in the event they do split, buddyclub sell the rubbers seperate :smt023
The Tegiwa ones will be a copy of the buddyclubs I imagine, don't know of anyone that's bought them yet though.
Can't comment on the hardrace ones but I suspect they do the job.

aye the buddyclubs do look to be a good job, i thought the same that its good they sell replacement boots but i think that if the boot was split id probably want to replace the joint as theres always the possibly that dirt has got in so the joint would fail prematurely. Only reason im leaning towards hardrace is that theyre components have lasted longer in the past compared to buddyclub items. Cant imagine the tegiwa ones will be of the same tolerances and quality.

That's true, although with aftermarket uprated components they are supposed to be checked more regularly as they don't have the same service life as OEM parts.

Like I said I can't comment on the Hardrace gear, I've never really looked into it much in all honesty because there are similar parts that do the same job and get good reviews for less money, that's a winner imo.

Hi there

Personally I've been using Hardrace parts on my cars and about the bushing,I've always used SuperPro which has been proven on numerous cars as on pour wagon which has run 555.5bhp
Really depends on budget,but both RCA kits are good,but personally I've used like Hardrace or WhiteLine(not sure if they making RCA for EP3)

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

My tegiwa RCAs have failed. Lasted ok (4 years and 15k ish, mainly on track).

I was considering the Hardrace but from what I see online they suspiciously look the same as the Tegiwa ones and some ebay sellers state they're from Taiwan (same as Tegiwa's).

I'm guessing the buddyclubs are better quality and justify the £60 extra?

Been using Buddy Club RCA’s for a good 3-4 years with plenty of track abuse. Zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using Buddy Club RCA’s for a good 3-4 years with plenty of track abuse. Zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can replace the boots on those too cant you.
Not cheap like but cba with the worry in the back of my head

RCA's are a good mod for track. And even better on fast, uneven B-roads. The car felt much more planted on my local "mad mile" after fitting them. Bumps and undulations upset it much less.

RCA's are a good mod for track. And even better on fast, uneven B-roads. The car felt much more planted on my local "mad mile" after fitting them. Bumps and undulations upset it much less.
Yeah they were a huge improvement to the steering feel. Thats why I don't want to go back to ball joints but I think oem are a better quality than the rcas I had!
Will get the buddy club

Back