• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Donations

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
I've been asked about this recently so I'm reviving an old thread as a new one under my name as I hold the coffers these keys.

This is from the original thread, originally by Chris, but I've changed it to avoid confusion.

Although we have adverts on the site, the revenue generated unfortunately does not cover all of the costs involved with running TRO. In order to keep the site free of charge, we rely on kind donations given by forum members.

If you would like to donate to the forum then please send a paypal payment to [email protected] or send me a PM and I will give you an address for a cheque or bank details for a straight transfer.

As ever, if you donate then you are welcome to have a custom user title beneath your forum name, simply PM me and I will sort it out for you.

We are looking at other methods for showing those who have donated, such as 'TRO Supporter' or similar beneath your username, much like the staff have at the moment.

All donations, however large or small, are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
On behalf of all the TRO Staff.

Don't get me wrong, we're not destitute but any contributions would be gratefully received.

Also if you've seen any good ideas on other forums let me know.

We aren't keen on a subscription or paid classifieds section here and want to keep it free to use, but any suggestions can be considered.

If anyone wants to help out with merchandising too, get in touch and share your ideas. :smt023

Something i have always noticed on here...

The for sale sections not the most active one.
I am a supporter of civinfo and here and tbh this site wins hands down.For various reasons I would rather not say to avoid any arguing.

Is there changes to the Forum we have to expect?

Nothing planned no, just letting it known our ears are open as what people's suggestions are.

Don't know if something similar has been done previously, but what about t-shirts/hoodies etc.??

Maybe something that incorporates the forum logo and the owners unique Type R number.

Guess its all about demand but with a fair mark up it could generate some regular income for the forum.

I paid for the Accord forum which I never really use so I'd gladly pay each year for this one.

"TRO Sponser" under username if donation made would be a nice touch.

I'd happily pay some sort of annual donation.

Perhaps a seperate area for Supporters, similar to what Civinfo at least used to have.

Remove the swear filter for paid supporters.

Monthly/yearly photo contests, £XX.XX to enter, winner gets pic as forum header for the duration and a framed print, surplus funds to club?

I think "TRO Supporter" under your username is a nice touch (see exhibit A to the left!) Perhaps offering this as a base/cheapest option and then having a range of other options would be cool. Give them a package name is it's easy to keep track of what you're offering. Something like:

Motegi Package £4 - TRO Supporter icon
Fuji Speedway Package £6 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker (these two are basically what Civinfo offer!)
Tsubuka Package £12 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker & TRO mug
Suzuka Package £18 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker & TRO mug & TRO T Shirt

Prices dependent on how much the merch costs to produce of course.

Maybe offer t-shirts and mugs separately too, although it'd be cheaper to buy a package.

I think "TRO Supporter" under your username is a nice touch (see exhibit A to the left!) Perhaps offering this as a base/cheapest option and then having a range of other options would be cool. Give them a package name is it's easy to keep track of what you're offering. Something like:

Motegi Package £4 - TRO Supporter icon
Fuji Speedway Package £6 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker (these two are basically what Civinfo offer!)
Tsubuka Package £12 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker & TRO mug
Suzuka Package £18 - TRO Supporter icon & TRO car sticker & TRO mug & TRO T Shirt

Prices dependent on how much the merch costs to produce of course.

Maybe offer t-shirts and mugs separately too, although it'd be cheaper to buy a package.

How did you end up with that? Didn't get one last time I donated :smt017:smt022

I like the idea of different packages though.

I'd have to check. Like I said we aren't destitute but I want to be sure it's sustainable if you get what I mean.

Would be nice to have it member run and do away with any adverts.

Yeah the supporter packages is a winner I think. I'll get some prices through the week and see if I can make it work. :smt023

Could introdude like a light hearted fine situation, like if a longtime member swears or does something stupid. Hold like a kangaroo court and do a fine

Back