• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to fool and reset airbag system.

Does this reset method work on the FN2?, Had my passenger seat out today to fix the sliding rail adjuster and now its giving me a airbag light.

Does this reset method work on the FN2?, Had my passenger seat out today to fix the sliding rail adjuster and now its giving me a airbag light.

Just confirmed that this method does work for the FN2 as well, although the MES plug is situated on the fuse box on the right hand side of the steering coloumn and not the left like the EP3, there is a Yellow plug on the left but its not that one its the one attached to the fusebox with the letters "MES" which is "memory erase select" iirc you can get to it without having to drop the box as well.

Just done this 3rd time lucky....had a hell of a morning..... went to fit my reconditioned type r wheel and the one torque bolt for the airbag was rounded, so I had reconnect my battery and start the car so I could get the dremel to reach to put a slit in the screw to get it out...... then go to town to get some new bolts and t wondered y the airbag light was on little search told me it was obviously because I turned the ignition on

Thanks for the how too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry for the thread resurrection folks...

Can I confirm three 2.2 ohm resistors are required? One in each of the two yellow SRS plus and one in the brown connection under the drivers seat?

Possibly due to a poor connection, my SRS and belt light is now on... they are now soldered connections, I may just need to follow the reset instructions.

Sorry for the thread resurrection folks...

Can I confirm three 2.2 ohm resistors are required? One in each of the two yellow SRS plus and one in the brown connection under the drivers seat?

Possibly due to a poor connection, my SRS and belt light is now on... they are now soldered connections, I may just need to follow the reset instructions.

I had one behind steering wheel column and one on each seatbelt. I got to the seatbelt ones at the bottom of where the seatbelt would usually be. Then you will need to reset. You are beat of buying the fused resistors as my srs light came back on again.

I had one behind steering wheel column and one on each seatbelt. I got to the seatbelt ones at the bottom of where the seatbelt would usually be. Then you will need to reset. You are beat of buying the fused resistors as my srs light came back on again.

Ah yes I do have one for the airbag too.

I'm using the fused resistors so hopefully a reset sorts it.

Really the airbag was fine using the HKB hub and supplied resistor.

The brown plug below the seat was fine, so error lights.

The problem occured when I removed the OE belts. It was possibly down to a poor connection as mentioned though.

Fingers crossed the memory has kept the error and I just need to reset it!

Back