• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

That's lower then I thought it would sit.

Do you think you'll swap to the Pro Kit?

That's lower then I thought it would sit.

Do you think you'll swap to the Pro Kit?

It's crossed my mind. I've done my normal commute run in it today and no issues, so I may do in the future but at the minute it is at the bottom end of a long list of what I want to do to it. It's still a very large improvement over the standard springs.

John, get the wheels, spoiler and front lip in black. 8)

They are on the list Carl, but I think it would be new wheels rather than get these done. I'm thinking some Rota GR6s with Fugen front and rear splitters, but way down the list.

Go before show.

They work fine on a throttle cable Ed, bit trickier with a DBW throttle. In fact it's a whole world of pain.

Really is a cracking looking car Loxy, definitely excited to see what direction you take it in!

At least you made all of the mistakes on the last one so the direction and spending on this one can be much more focused knowing what works. Welcome back.

This is nice. Always preferred the drop of these springs to the more conservative Pro-Kit which I had on my own FN2.

For some reason, when you mentioned placing a deposit in the OP, I thought it was on the new Type-R (not sure if you mentioned elsewhere on the forum that you were looking at another FN2).

Agree 100% with your post on the previous page about the FK2 though.

Looks good Loxy.

Had one of these for a week not long after they came out and was really tempted to get one instead of another EP. Guy had one on here for sale in essex @ 10k. Half wish i had now but hey ho.

Does look low but as long as it doesn't scrape anywhere then all good and keep it like that.

Cheers guys, really pleased with it so far, it just lacks the urgency at the top end that I'm used to but it'll get there.

Fitted some McGard 25000SU locking wheel nuts today as the car didn't come with any. No pics as they are wheel nuts, but they've a nice chrome finish so match the others and the key fits the alloy recess so all good.

Looks great Loxy!

CW FN2 is very appealing. White car as a daily driver cross country over winter though has taken its toll on JMR's tolerance :lol:

I'd have one of these in an instant - been trying to convince Mrs R that a FN2 is not TOO big.
...and probably that its just her Clio 182 is unusually small ;)

Been there and done that with my last FN2 Shifty. It stayed on the car 6 weeks and took it off.

Have to say mate it does look good in white and looks in great condition. Not usually a fan of them. But saying that I saw one in blue on my way to work last week with the gp kit and the 19" rages and it did look sweet, good luck with it after your issues with the focus :)

A friend of mine owns one of these and has lowered it on coilovers. It handles brilliantly! I think they are a much better car then they are given credit for.

Looks great, more i see the fn2 more i like it.

That white is the best colour and if you get the black wheels it will look even better. I have a thing for black wheels haha.

Subscribed. I sense another epic build thread coming

Last edited by a moderator:
Climairs arrived.

IMG_20150402_170842.jpg

IMAG2883.jpg

Back