• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

Do they do these for the FD2?

They only do the fronts for the hybrid (they'll fit), and I thought that would look a bit funny. I went for Fugen ones from the US on mine. They were Civic FA5 ones and fit fine spot on.

Fitted a new SOD (shut off device, part #76209-SMG-E01) in the drizzle this morning on the n/s wing mirror as it wasn't folding properly. It would move a few mm and then stop.

It was a bit tricky getting a wet mirror cover off but with a plastic spudger to assist I managed it. Honda job card reckons .4 of an hour, took me 20 mins. Longest bit was getting the connectors slotted back into the holders inside the mirror back!

Job done.

IMAG2885_1.jpg

The old offending part:

IMAG2886.jpg

How do you know how long the Honda job cards say certain jobs should take??

Sticky in the FN2 section, the buyers guide I wrote, it has the sheet for the SOD on there.

2c6e8246cc66b5f4bea2b92804f9a21f.jpg

Swayed yet ?

Not really. It might be a case of pictures don't do it justice, or that it doesn't suit white but it just looks ill proportioned.

Have you seen the other pics with the tyre stretch going on?! Those rims are begging for a kerbing!

Had an, "Oil cap o'doom," moment today. Stuck tight, must have been tightened up when hot.

Just took the car out for a blast then used an adjustable spanner on it, GENTLY. Thank God it turned and in one piece.

Shiny metal oil cap inbound tonight methinks...

2c6e8246cc66b5f4bea2b92804f9a21f.jpg

Swayed yet ?

Grown on me loads since release. Keen to see the production vehicle in black with red-trim/detail. Going to be sick if the TV ad is anything to go by. (How sick does that NSX sound at the end :D )

Still out of my price-range and still have reservations about some of the styling elements. It's a bit too radical looking for me now I think.

Have you seen it in the flesh? What do you reckon?

This is Dotty right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice - get some updates of your Teg up on the DC5 forum. Not seen any activity in your thread, when I lurk ITR-DC5.

Snow foam.

SNOW FOAM!

IMAG2889.jpg

Seemed OK. I don't think it will replace the two buckets long term though. I do need to figure out what this claying malarkey is all about.

Snow foam is a pre-wash mate. You still need to 2 bucket it after ;)

Once you've washed and dried the car then you clay it. It removes any imbedded contaminates from the paint. It does make the panels very smooth.

Ah, that explains it. I thought I'd read it loosens the dirt and you jet it off but I guess that means you're less likely to get swirls then? Makes sense.

It did a pretty good job on its own then! :lol:

Clay instead of polishing then, less abrasive? Wax after Clay? Total newb at car cleaning.

Pre wash if you've got the kit, two bucket wash, dry if you're leaving it there. Alternatively a deep clean includes a clay bar first to remove everything you can, THEN polish (or the machine will rub the contamination into the paint). Finally you can seal the paint with either sealant or wax.

Prewash.
Wash.
Clay.
Dry.
Polish.
Sealant.
Wax.

Cheers Shifty. It was minted when I picked it up so I reckon I've got a month or so before I need to think about doing more than just washing.

Back