• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering issue....

Not sure if this is in the right section but here it goes..

bought an 04 CTR few days ago and have noticed the steering to be 'flighty'. Dont seem to have full feel of the road at all. Had it up on the ramps and pulled at every suspension component, checked all the wheels, bearings, ball joints etc and can't nothing. There is very slight play in drivers track rod end but very minimal.
the issue seems to me to be more major than just a track rod end having slight movement.
is there any common issues with steering, steering racks etc on the CTR?

any help appreciated, i appologise if this is in the wrong section

not been on the forum for ages so only just found this, I had the same issue and it would wander around on the road sometimes.
on mine it was the steering rack slider, they wear and sometimes break in half. its quite common I have found

if you get the front wheels in the air and yank them about you should feel a slight bit of play, then open the bonnet and yank up and down on the slider and side to side, if theres movement then that needs replacing.

after replacement the tracking needs doing and it should be spot on.

I bought my slider off lings Honda.
and remember you need to replace the washers etc at the same time

hope this helps

from memory they were £48 delivered.

I replaced all the washers and got two top bolt washer things instead of one

I have to admit my Ep3 does this also. Its usually when im going 30mph especially when the car is cold and first on the move. It seems when im going at speed or long into a journey it seems to go or I just dont feel it as much. Im going to do what you suggested mate and see if its the sliders. Nice one

Back