• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

redex any good???

Hi ever since I've owned my ep3 its always been running on vpower I might be doing a 300 mile trip was wondering if I can pour in half a bottle of redex petrol cleaner and then fill tank up is there any point or is it best to leave it thanks haz.

What are you hoping to change or improve by putting Redex in it?

Generally, with the exception of their octane booster (needed when you are out in the sticks and mapped on 98 but can only find 95...), their products don't really do much.

Iv always swore by redex for diesels when changing fuel filters but petrols nothing really gained .
If your worried about guzzling your fuel, drive easy or use a different car. Both options can and will give good mpg.

Nothing to do with drinking fuel. Doesn't it clear out the injectors otherwise if its pointless I will just use the car like I am on vpower.

Yes its suppose to clean out the injectors and increase mpg but then so has V Power.

What you said in the first post was not clear to why you wanted to use it. you mentioned a 300 mile trip hence why i guessed it was to do with mpg.

Yes its suppose to clean out the injectors and increase mpg but then so has V Power.

What you said in the first post was not clear to why you wanted to use it. you mentioned a 300 mile trip hence why i guessed it was to do with mpg.

I don't usually put full tank in that's why I was thinking bout putting half bottle in while I fill tank up I might as well just leave it thanks anyway mate.

I must admit i put redex into mine and run it normally for a week with a full tank of tesco 99 and i must admit it is responsive and feels a bit more grunty after that i changed the plugs air filter and it just keeps getting better

Realistically, how much do injectors need clearing after the fuel has gone through your fuel filters. It'll be minimal, to no difference. I'd be surprised if you saw any effects. If you were to take out your injectors and have them all flow matched and balanced and reinstalled and then use something like that in every tank from the get go, it'd be a different story.

Realistically, how much do injectors need clearing after the fuel has gone through your fuel filters. It'll be minimal, to no difference. I'd be surprised if you saw any effects. If you were to take out your injectors and have them all flow matched and balanced and reinstalled and then use something like that in every tank from the get go, it'd be a different story.

that all depends on what fuel you have been running through it in the first place if it'sTesco 95 that's full of *****

Tesco ONLY do 95 shíte over here in Ireland. No momentum or whatever it's called. Wouldn't put it in a lawnmower tbh. I also don't like the idea of crap being dislodged and sent flying in to the combustion chamber.

Back