• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which events are the best?

Have only been indulging in the scene for about a year now and would like to go to an event or two. There seems to be A LOT of them to choose from: jap show, British modified nationals, tuner fest, trax etc etc etc

Which event/events are the best or are people recommending? Am based in the midlands but willing to travel a couple of hours if there's one not to missed.

I've been to usc down in Santa pod a few times. Its pretty awesome and you get a massive spectrum of cars at it.

This forum concentrates on JAE, its a 3 nighter, Thursday through till Sunday in September. Ive been to 2, will hopefully be 3 this year. Its an epic weekend, with beer, BBQ and great forum members

Its moving location this year, but there are always good facilities on site, toilets, showers, food stalls etc, but for £45 for the weekend, with food included, its money well spent. All you need is a tent and beer.

Is there day tickets available? I'm going to be dragging the mrs along and I doubt I will be able to convince her to camp and indulge in 3 days of cars......may have to ditch her for the weekend thinking about it

havent been to JAE but want to go along this year. Both Japfest 1 and 2 are quite good and the mimms meets are getting bigger and bigger for a pure honda day out

Is there day tickets available? I'm going to be dragging the mrs along and I doubt I will be able to convince her to camp and indulge in 3 days of cars......may have to ditch her for the weekend thinking about it

There are day tickets that you can buy on the gate. You can't bring your car onto the stand though on a day ticket though unfortunately.

Tbh I don't think my cars quite upto the spec you'd like to show off on the club stand so that's all good I shall definitely be attending JAE then.

Tbh I don't think my cars quite upto the spec you'd like to show off on the club stand so that's all good I shall definitely be attending JAE then.

Dude, your car doesn't have to be a show and shine queen. JAE is all about the partying, the cars are just there. TRO has always welcomed members cars of any variety, as long as they're Jap. Last time I went I didn't even wash my DC5 and if I go this year, I'll be arriving in a drifted MX5.

I turned up the year before last in a 2000 1.4 EJ9. Mods - nil, completely standard, even down to the rust patches, paint bubbling on the 14" standard wheels and a knackered rear N/S strut which meant it leaned over at a funny angle.

That sat on the stand for 4 days, and Im still amazed the thing started on the sunday. So dont be worried about your car being up to scratch.

Modified nationals is also a great 3 day show in may. This year will be my 3rd with a local car club. Mostly go for the atmosphere and camping and getting drunk with my mates. We also do fancy dress on the Friday or Saturday for a laugh. Can't wait for this year. And don't worry about your car, as said no need for show cars to be on club stands

I turned up the year before last in a 2000 1.4 EJ9. Mods - nil, completely standard, even down to the rust patches, paint bubbling on the 14" standard wheels and a knackered rear N/S strut which meant it leaned over at a funny angle.

That sat on the stand for 4 days, and Im still amazed the thing started on the sunday. So dont be worried about your car being up to scratch.

First year I went Akina (Matt) turned up in a fully stanced out EG with those Rota Alecia wheels, the pink flowery ones. It got ludicrous amounts of attention due to the 2 inches of poke from the wheels :lol:

Back