• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Cheers! I love the air filter noise! :D

Yeah I was always expecting to hammer the fuel! Also needed about 1.5 litres of oil too but that included topping up before I even went out the first time :)

Purchased some photos from the track day!

And I'm just going to leave this here...

post-4759-0-25739900-1441299758_thumb.jpg

Update time!

New circuit sticker.

I seem to have cooked my pads!

Discs are okay though!

I rubbed the pads back on all four corners, re-greased them up and bed them back in, seems to be good again!

My tyres were looking a little worse for wear.....

So this happened!

Photos seem to make them look lighter than they are, also reactions have been very hit and miss, but I like them and that's the only opinion that matters :lol:

More stuff has arrived and more has been ordered and more is in progress!

Good work.

Work of art aren't they?!
Yeah it's awesome how it's made in such a way it can just drop in! Had to time it with a needed oil change rather than having to get rid of oil that still had life left in it!

More updates to come soon! :)

Cheers people!

Biiiiiiiiiiig update.

Fully build SQ sound system!

The work was done by Subtronix car audio based in Nottinghamshire.

This included the doors, rear quarter panels, boot and floor being stripped out and having sound deadening added plus carpet underlay! All the cables are run hidden and even the doors have had speaker cables run into them using the OEM channels so there's very little evidence of whats gone into this!

Equipment is as follows:

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Amplifier - Apline PDX-V9 5 channel amplifier

Speakers - Hybrid Audio Imagine series i61-2 two way speakers (6.5")

Sub - Hybrid Audio Imagine series i10sw subwoofer (10")

Sealed box.

It sounds fantastic! The car is also much more refined for the deadening, basically I can drive around and hear nothing outside of the car if I don't want to and the music is so clear you forget it's actually on loud!

Here's a load of pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of effort going in there, I haven't done a big audio build for years, currently just have the uprated front speakers/headunit combo.

Never thought of using underlay, barefoot driving comfort :lol:

Guess who is providing the sounds for JAE next year with their car.... You :D Good thread though seeing it all coming together. Looking very neat and tidy. Awesome. :D

Coming along very nicely mate! Jealous of the system, I'm trying to focus on spending the money elsewhere but the standard sound is so poor it's beginning to do my nut in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming along very nicely mate! Jealous of the system, I'm trying to focus on spending the money elsewhere but the standard sound is so poor it's beginning to do my nut in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! :D Yeah I wasn't going to go too mad with it because I wanted to concentrate on track but then I figured that I also wanted some creature comfort too! I have working AC as well! :lol:

Back