• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Thats the problem I'll have, limited time. Do you mind me asking how much £ you dropped on getting it done?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

For all of that was over a grand. But it is really really good! It really depends on what you want and how far you're willing to go. You can spend much less and still be happy with the result.

I was expecting it to be there or there abouts. It really is impressive mate. Also the longer 6th I guess helps with fuel consumption when doing motorway miles? Sacrificing some higher end power?

Well because I've had the final drive shortened, the revs in 6th are only about 200rpm lower than standard so it's almost the same as before. Just when you change from 5th to 6th there's a bigger drop but I don't really carry on hooning into 6th haha!

Hahaha cool man. Thanks for all the insight and keep up the awesome work here

Cheers! This one's been good to me while I have struggled last year so I'm getting some treats lined up!

Ugh, so had the tyres fitted the other day and then yesterday was the first time I got the car up to any decent kind of speed and the balancing was horrendous! Took it back and one of the fronts were 60g too much and a rear was just as bad!

That's not all though, had all four balanced again and it's still not right, useless!

It'll get sorted, hopefully try a different place tomorrow, third time lucky maybe haha!

Balancing is all sorted now, they calibrated the machine before doing it again, amazing what you can do when you put some effort in!

So at the weekend with the sun shining I spent an afternoon giving both Bob and Steve a good clean, here are Bob's photos.

Cheers, comes up alright for a 'quick' external clean.

Used Autobrite Direct shampoo and an auto perfection drying towel. Then some bilbury wheel cleaner with meguires tyre shine gel.

So on our way home from Japfest the other half who was driving Bob called me (hands free of course) saying there's a noise when she comes off of the throttle. So we pulled our little convoy into the next services after failing to hear said noise from the Stagea next to her on the motorway. Great way to diagnose a fault by the way! :lol:

Turns out that the front pads are about down to zero and they're just squealing away randomly until you press the brake pedal.

I've ordered some new discs and pads for the front and pads for the rear.

Here's a few photos of all three cars from the show.

I've been away for the weekend and my brother has kindly fitted me some new discs and pads for the front and new pads for the rear.

Safe to say the front pads were 'low'.

Project Mu HC800 front pads with RPB discs.
Padgid rear pads.

Not much to report here, another oil change done and a check over.

Almost at 80k miles!

Yesterday I went to a 'Getaway driver' experience at the Curborough sprint circuit in Lichfield. It was a right laugh!

In the morning we had some practice runs of the track but in the afternoon we got one go at the robbery.

You have to set off and then stop once you've crossed the start line, get out and rob the bank. Bring the briefcase back to your car, stow it inside and then belt up before completing two laps of the track.

It was hilarious my mates and I trying to run, we aren't built for it that's for sure!

Anyway, I've found a couple of photos from the day and I had my GoPro with me so I'm going to cobble together the footage.

Couple of photos of my mates' Subaru's too.

Finally put together a short video of the 'Getaway driver' run including my mate doing the bank robbery part to give you an idea of what we had to do!

[video=youtube;bRY4FtDM8Kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRY4FtDM8Kg[/video]

Then the weekend after that I decided I'd have my first ever go at the 1/4 mile!

Wasn't great, 15.2 seconds but I had fun!

[video=youtube;iTja9_SAHtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTja9_SAHtw[/video]

Back