• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 Importers or Private Purchase?

Hi peeps.

Not been on here for ages but after a visit to Japfest yesterday I now have an itch that desperately needs to be scratched and want a DC5. Its been over 10 years since I last had a Type R and the desire to get another has never disappeared, the only hold up for me was the means to purchase one which over the last few months/years has rectified itself nicely to the extent that in the next fortnight I will have the funds available to purchase one.

My query is do I buy privately or entrust my requirements to an importer? If I look at an importer, who have people used on here and how have they found them to be? I've done a little bit of research online but some first hand experiences would be appreciated.

Mikey.

It all comes down to you.

Do you mind stone chips, bit of wear and tear from the UK roads?
Or can you wait 4 months while one is shipped over?

If you want a very clean DC5 with lower miles then import is the best bet.
If you don't mind higher miles and a few dinks but want it now. The a UK car is best.

I would and always will recommend Andy @ BHP cars to import you a car. He is brilliant.

I got mine imported by Torque GT, couldn't fault them one bit. Had to wait nearly 3 months but the car was mint! Oh and i happen to be selling it now though......

This guy has good reviews an yeah you will have to wait about 12weeks I got a quote from him for a facelift dc5 in white with 50k for £7300 otr but I didn't want to wait that long an one popped up so I bought it ! http://m.algysautos.com/?url=http://www.algysautos.com/#2698
b2e2317d21244349fc25ff2dddd843fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently waiting for my DC5 to get here from Japan. I've used Torque GT as I know a few people that's used them and they had good reviews, just got to wait until mid July now for mine...

Hi all. New to the forum. Had a CRX-Si import er... 20 years ago. Then got into scoobs (currently have a Legacy WR Ltd and an Impreza).

Currently looking for a blue DC5. Went to look at 3 of them at "exclusive cars" in Watford. They had all been in the UK a long time. From the photos they seemed ok, but the place was a dive and all 3 cars were sheds, albeit probably very fast sheds (all the mods, but zero care to the interior or exterior - they looked about 20 years older than my MY2000 Impreza :eek: One of them was unfeasibly loud, even at idle). 2 hrs was a long way to go to see those but it was educational.
Then I saw a fresh import near me and although it was sold before landing, I went to see it - the difference was amazing. Was almost new inside and out. Based on that, I'm highly tempted to put in an import order. I can wait.

Back