• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wet rear seat belt.

Hi chaps. After having 2 days of constant rain where I live my son noticed when putting his seat belt on in the rear of the car (drivers side) that it was wet/damp anyone had this before or know what the cause could be. Cheers for any advice

Could be but the rear passenger window but can't see where it could be getting in as they look well sealed. There's no other wet patches in the car just the bloody seat belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towards the back end of the belt. First time I've ever noticed it. I'll check next time it rains or when I wash the car.

Jacobluke,

I would be very interested to know if you find what is going on with your offside rear seatbelt. I sold my old 57 Fn2 to a good friend of mine a year and a half ago. He was telling me that the rear seatbelt was wet a few months ago. On pulling the belt out, it smelled as though it had been wet for a while.
I left the belt pulled out fully and wrapped around the headrest, just to dry it out. I've heard nothing else about it lately.
Must be the exact same fault as yours. If anything, at least your not alone !

Thanks in advance.

Paul

To be honest since then I've had some work done which involved renewing the seal around the window. And since then I've not noticed it being wet so hopefully it's sorted it. But I'm sure I'll find out over the coming months wether that was the problem due to crap British weather haha.

Thanks for the prompt reply pal !

I'm glad to hear that you don't seem to be having issues with it now. My mate that I sold the car to is a bit handless when it comes to cars, so it would end up being me that strips the rear quarter out to have a look.
As I said, he's not mentioned it lately, but the belt did smell like it had been wet for a while. It's not something I've came across as a common fault. It's just when I seen your post.
I've had a few Honda's over the years, but I've only had the one Fn2 and I'm now on an Ep3 Permier Edition.
You may however notice that I'm new to the forum.

Thanks once again for the reply. If you do have this issue again, please do let me know if you resolve the problem.

Best wishes

Paul

Ive experienced that in a different car, removed the 1/4 trim to look (hose pipe outside) & yes, failed window rubber above a seat belt reel, wayer dripping in.
Not un-common.

I've conveyed this to my mate. He said the belt is still getting wet, so I assume the window seal is duff.
Its a lot of stripping to see the water come in, so I'll leave that in his hands.
No problem in my old Ep3

A friend of mine has had the same problem. Turned out the guttering had blocked up and some of the sealant around it had gone back too, cleaned up and re-sealed and seems to have cured it.

I had this very problem last year on my 07 FN2, driver side rear belt. When pulled out, the bit that was inside the spool would be wet. I thought it was the seam under the run strip leaking, but the guy I normally service my car with reckoned it could be the umbilical lead to the tailgate. He put some silicone seal around it and partly under the run strip and touch wood, it's not been back.

Back