• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Scottish Type-R

TRO Supporter
Hi All,

I have been on the site since April so I thought would start my car thread. :) I have had my Type R for nearly a year. (Sorry but being old does has it advantages ......Standard type-R fully Comp £235) :) - How times and insurance rates have changed.. lol £565 with all mods declared and 20K millage.

Anyway here is some pics of her the day I brought her back from the Garage:

Then a couple weeks later before I took her into Honda to get a full Service.

And another random pic after I washed and waxed her using AutoGlym products.

So far I have only done minor mods:
Alloys were curbed so have had them all redone in Gloss black again. Have 5th Alloy.
Changed to Jazz Fan Spray Jet Washers
Genuine Gruppe M RAM air induction kit.
Mugen Twinloop Catback Exhaust
Mugen Reservoir socks in Orange
Mugen Rad cap
Mugen Oil cap in black
Fitted Honda Access JDM wind deflectors
Also using Fuchs Titan Pro S 5W40 oil and an Mugen performance oil filter
MICHELIN Pilot Super Sports 205/45/R17s
EP3 CF door sill protectors from Rigsby on CTRO
FRSU on Eibach rear camber arms and front camber bolts
MFactory Helical LSD Stage 1 Racepack upgrade.
MFactory lightweight Flywheel and Genuine Honda OEM Clutch.
Genuine Honda JDM Front and rear Anti-roll bars
New Genuine Honda EP3 facelift Headlight units.

I did have some teething issues with her at first. The car had 39th miles and a Honda FSH. Looks like she only did 5K a year lol

It seems I had a emissions sensor with an intermittent fault and the EML would come on. It said on the diagnostics machine that it was a possible MAP, E purge/EVAP or secondary O2 sensor as my primary was replaced back in August.

I thought the super unleaded was too rich for it..lol But it was doing the same with reg 95 when I filled up from empty. Crazy. (I was still learning about the car) :) Anyway got them all replaced and that was that. I have been using BP Ultimate 97 and do notice a difference from reg 95 even on my standard map. Put 95 back in and it was not as responsive. Not looked back and have had about 12 tank fulls of the super unleaded and see a difference in my mpg too. I get around 350 miles out my tank on a motorway run from Scotland to Oxfordshire.

I am looking at a tuning package from TDi North for my birthday and will keep you posted on that. _ Never bothered with this lol.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to keep you posted. Love the car and the vtec even on standard map. :)

All the best
Scottish

PS. She passed her MOT with flying colours today. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right about it looking gleaming when it is polished. Needs lowering a bit more would you not think? Or is your old age asking for comfort more? Can't wait to see the special order wind deflectors as I will be getting some in the future

Yes too old to lower it lol. Too many speed bumps around here and I personally feel it is low enough for me :)

I do need sort the paint work out now and get it back to gleaming again.

180 miles a tank..... Your type R in perm vtec.... Lol

As for the wind deflectors I am looking forward to seeing them on too. Will add pics of these when the arrive.

Thanks both.

Hah, yeah mine is now very much a toy so it doesn't see much fuel efficient driving. 350 per tank is impressive, I think the most I've managed was 320-330. The fuel does make a difference, I use mostly shell v-power (closest to my house!) and the car is always just a bit less eager when I have to use normal fuel.

When you replace the tyres consider going up to 215/45s, the deeper side wall will give a bit of extra comfort and fill the arches better.

Thanks. I will consider that. Just in the middle of moving back to Scotland full time. Will miss my Honda dealer Johnsons in Oxford. Most of the techs had type-Rs. And the service guy as a fellow Scot lol. Getting it MOT'd there next month and pick up my spare EP3 alloy.
Parks Honda is not far from the Parents house. Anyone know of any good Honda dealers on the west coast Scotland? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not found a dealership that I'm really enthused about, but Phoenix Honda by Paisley are decent for servicing and stamps in the book. Automek in East Kilbride are the place to go in Scotland if you're having work done, absolutely superb garage.

Good to know. I decided to go for the KPro4. I know my car is standard at the moment. But I heard it is a good starting place and does make a big difference to a stock car. I rather have the KPro over the K100 so I can get into custom maps and monitor stuff via the Laptop.
Can you rest EML codes via the K manager software?

Very nice looking example, welcome!

You're not trying hard enough, I can get <180 miles per tank :lol:.

You will hate me, but got 363 miles to a full tank of BP Ultimate unleaded 97 lol. Wanted to push on but chickened out and put half a tank in to get me to Oxford from Warwick services lol.

Motorway driving :D I filled up in Ayrshire and was about 40 miles from my house in Oxfordshire before I had to fill up. One guy on here has got 384 miles out his EP3 lol. I want to try and beat that. :D

My EP3 is standard though. Standard map. She just seems to be good on long journeys.

I loved the blue honda alloys you have on your EP3 lol. They look awesome and very different.

Ok, Loxy and co you and the forum are bad for me! :D I wanted to keep my Type-R standard but since joining here you lot have given me too many ideas what to add. ;);)

I really want a LSD now after reading up. And Grinspeed, is a bad influence on me.(was reading the reviews of Steve's great work and checked the site out.) I guess after reading up on a lot of your suggestions and posts I really want a FRSU now. Bad bad Type-R forum lol.

Seriously though, for the FRSU can I keep standard springs and shocks? And just get the DME camber arms and eibach camber bolts? I am guessing so. :) And then get them fitted. I decided to go for subtle mods for now.

The KPro with remap is on my list once I have the extra funds. :)

Yes you can do FRSU on standard springs and shocks if you want. Still makes a big big difference.

It gets very addictive, I would love all my planned mods done, but at the same time its the progress that is fun.
Then again I think I could always find more mods than what I currently think I would be happy with.

Silly question, but if I went for the Eibach springs for the FRSU would they lower my Type R by much? I don't really want to lower it as I feel on standard it is low enough for speed bumps near me.

Back