• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

This is my ep3 on Eibach Sportlines, FRSU with Eibach front camber bolts and Skunk 2 rear camber arms. Rota torque's 8" wide and hankook ventus 215/45/17 tyres. The alloys catch slightly on bumps but being sorted on Saturday with a tweak of camber. I also have a Cobra cat back exhaust and I only catch that on speed bumps if I'm not careful

00059b4602f5bffee4d7bd6f17b042bc.jpg

Nice. I guess I just don't want to lower mine down lol. I am getting old. The body work looks good on it. :D Nice and polished.

I got my official Honda touch up paint. Much better than the Halfords one I had.

Thanks, I'm loving it right now. Yes it looks good in the pics. Plenty of bits I want sorting though. Stonechips on bonnet, dings and marks I haven't done. Eibach also do a pro kit which isn't as low as mine so that's another option for you

Well I can recommend the official Honda touch up paint. For small chips and scratches.

You would hope they knew how to mix their own paint colours :D

Was in at Johnson's Honda today speaking with the servicing team. Seems they may get their Type-R demo end of this month. So when I am back down in 6 weeks get my test drive woooooooooo(Richard Rawlings from Fast & Loud) does the wooooo lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. Is a few dings and scratches that I'd like sorting properly at some point. Yes I want the windows tinted as well, its getting there slowly lol

:D I don't know how much it would be to get the Honda factory fitted tints.

Yeah I will get all my scratches down too properly but with the minor chips just covering them up. I finally got my spare Alloy from Honda on Friday there. One thing I will miss is getting parts down here so quickly with Honda only in Swindon. But You can't have it all...I least get cheaper SUL fuel. So happy my Type-R passed her MOT with flying colours.

Still one of my annoying grips with the EP3 is the crap paint chipping easily and the emission sensors. K20 engine itself is a quality piece of engineering.

There is a place in Oxford that do tints for a good price. Yes that's always good news when they pass with no issues. Yes mine is the most reliable car I've owned and I plan on keeping it

Cool. Yeah Oxford isn't too bad a city to be fair. Plenty of places around. I didn't know Honda-R were in Abingdon. lol

House prices are stupidly high in Oxfordshire but their is plenty of jobs for me as an IT engineer. Just thought it time to move back to family and friends in Scotland.

A 6 hour drive tomorrow. The joy. Seriously M6 behave yourself tomorrow. lol

Yea its not a bad place to be but yes it is really expensive. Ive looked at Hond-R but they seem quite expensive for parts so never used them. Hopefully the drive today wont be too bad for you :)

Hi All,

I have been on the site since April so I thought would start my car thread. :) I have had my Type R for nearly a year. (Sorry but being old does has it advantages ......Standard type-R fully Comp £235) :)

Anyway here is some pics of her the day I brought her back from the Garage:

Then a couple weeks later before I took her into Honda to get a full Service.

And another random pic after I washed and waxed her using AutoGlym products.

So far I have only done minor mods:
Alloys were curbed so have had them all redone in Gloss black again. (Currently waiting on my new fifth alloy arriving from Honda)
Changed to Jazz Fan Spray Jet Washers
Spoon replacement filter in standard airbox,
Spoon Reservoir socks in blue
Fitted Climairs in the new special order dark tint sports colour.
Also using Fuchs Titan Pro S 5W40 oil and an HAMP Shortie oil filter
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 205/45/R17s

I did have some teething issues with her at first. The car had 39th miles and a Honda FSH. Looks like she only did 5K a year lol

It seems I had a emissions sensor with an intermittent fault and the EML would come on. It said on the dignostics machine that it was a possible MAP, E purge/EVAP or secondary O2 sensor as my primary was replaced back in August.

I thought the super unleaded was too rich for it..lol But it was doing the same with reg 95 when I filled up from empty. Crazy. (I was still learning about the car) :) Anyway got them all replaced and that was that. I have been using BP Ultimate 97 and do notice a difference from reg 95 even on my standard map. Put 95 back in and it was not as responsive. Not looked back and have had about 12 tank fulls of the super unleaded and see a difference in my mpg too. I get around 350 miles out my tank on a motorway run from Scotland to Oxfordshire.

I am looking at a tuning package from TDi North for my birthday and will keep you posted on that.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to keep you posted. Love the car and the vtec even on standard map. :)

All the best
Scottish

PS. She passed her MOT with flying colours today. :D

Premier Edition looking nice and shiny mate :)

Looks like my climair Sports type Dark Tint wind deflectors are on route to me now. :) I will be adding pics soon.

I'm going to invest in some Climair wind deflectors also but can't decided which to get. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the Dark Sports Type fitted.

Back