• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Very tidy chap. :D

So that's got to be one of the last EP3s off the production line at a guess?

I'd seriously reconsider not dropping it, the difference between the first CTR and second with the Eibach kit was night and day. The second one with FRSU and associated bits was so much more compliant, the wishy washy steering was all dialled out and just had more confidence in it when pressing on.

Thanks Scruffy. It was registered end of June 2006. I got her last year with 39K on the clock. :) I am considering the FRSU just didn't want to drop her anymore than standard. Too many speed bumps up here lol.

I'm going to invest in some Climair wind deflectors also but can't decided which to get. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the Dark Sports Type fitted.

I have pics of them on my car. If you go to interior and exterior section and Climair wind deflectors post. :D

Looks like a lovely example. I'd definitely get some Eibach springs, a FRSU and look at JDM anti roll bars. The standard kit only lowers it 30mm IIRC so it's not full retard and will cope with bumps very well. Combined with the JDM ARB's you'll notice a massive improvement around bends and surprisingly due to the progressive springs the ride can often be better than OEM.

30mm doesn't look slammed though, I always think as long as the tyre isn't tucked under the arch it looks good.
With the 30mm theres a really small gap between tyre and arch rather than the more obvious gap OEM springs.
But agree the 15mm makes a good compromise and it would ride better

My type R doesn't like Tesco Momentum 99 lol Might have just been sat in the tank for a while. Back on Shell V Power. Much happier car. Lol

Heard a few comments similar about Momentum, haven't noticed any difference personally when iv used either, im currently running 95 until remap

Yeah I was running 95 but with the miles I was doing I found V Power to give me more mpg over fuelsave UL.

Even on factory map my car feels more responsive. Not power gains just more eager. Are you going K100 or KPro4?

KPro4 is just the new verson. A KPro but v4 of the board. he KPro4 is the 4th generation board made by Hondata, superseding all previous versions, with a more powerful processor, enhanced on board datalogging, faster upload and datalogging, live tuning and auto-tune, Bluetooth, ethanol sensor input, dash outputs, advanced protection and closed loop wideband support.

It has these new features:

Well after a thought I have decided to go for a KPro4 and map. And a custom SS system for my EP3. I know plenty of companies do systems for the EP3 but like it custom built to my car.

Out of of interest would it be worth getting a custom manifold, as you need to mod the RBC to fit the EP3. I would have thought the custom one would be as good as the RBC.

Any thoughts or advice? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the custom systems don't make anywhere near as much power as proper aftermarket ones.

My current OEM system is sounding deeper rather than raspy lol. Might be on the way out. Sports CATs are not cheap I see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back