• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Exactly why I went for it. Performance and sound. It is quieter than stock on idle. But I am putting on the Mugen header and sports cat
Yeah that'll make a bit more noise anyway :)
Just sent a message to ask lol. Krzy have you heard back?

My EP3 was a car on a mission today. She loves the colder air up here in Scotland :D
I was told at the time it would be about four weeks, which should make the ETA about 9th October for mine.

I can't wait for the full Mugen system to arrive :D Getting excited. But will have to wait till end of October for the manifold to go on. Due to the KPro and map being required plus funds lol

I can't wait for the full Mugen system to arrive :D Getting excited. But will have to wait till end of October for the manifold to go on. Due to the KPro and map being required plus funds lol
Yeah I've managed to source a Kpro'd ECU second hand for a good price, but will need coding when it gets mapped! Also want to add a manifold at the same time as mapping to make the most of the mapping!

Try having to sell your ep3 you have made good progress on, then buying another 6 months later and starting all over again lol

Haha I feel for you jimbo, you never get back the money you've spent on mods either! Why did you have to sell your 1st ep3 mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I feel for you jimbo, you never get back the money you've spent on mods either! Why did you have to sell your 1st ep3 mate?

Came the time to buy a house and had a few debts to clear, selling the ep3 enabled me to borrow the right amount and get a house.
Bought an old Grand vitara was so slow.. fun in the snow and drifting in the wet.
Made about £300 profit on it and managed to save up a little and had to borrow a little to get a decent ep3.
But all worked out my newer ep3 is a year younger and slightly lower mileage than the last.

Fair enough mate, getting on the property ladder is the priority and sounds like you ended up with a better motor (-mods) in the end!

Premier Edition's are slightly better but not something I was too worried about. I figured the extra dosh you'd need to fork out to get one could be used elsewhere which is a big thing for those on a budget (me).

My budget was too low to stretch to one, I aimed to get one first time round, but then one with around 45K popped up literally down the road to me and was perfect so I took it for a bargain.

Too be fair Premier Edition is more comfort/ style adding than performance. I am waiting for you to go and get the K100

Though Jim I do get the extra 5BHP with the Mugen socks to quote you lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two spoon socks and 1 mugen sock (on my windscreen fluid cap currently) which I took off my last ep3. So there :p

Didn't realise area motorsport do a reflash service similar to CPL, but not the generic Hondata map. Its their Civic Cup map that's ready for intake, cat back and manifold only.
Its £475 inc ecu. Which isn't too bad (I know not as good as a custom map which I cant afford, although I cant afford either right now)

Fair enough mate, getting on the property ladder is the priority and sounds like you ended up with a better motor (-mods) in the end!

Premier Edition's are slightly better but not something I was too worried about. I figured the extra dosh you'd need to fork out to get one could be used elsewhere which is a big thing for those on a budget (me).

I have already done most the upgrades that I did on my last one, except I had a nice exhaust/intake on the last one.
But this ones lowered with FRSU which I awesome.

My last one I painstakingly stripped, sanded & polished the rocker cover up to a chrome finish which took about 22 hours all in all.
Don't have the time, energy or patience to do that again although it looked the bomb

I have already done most the upgrades that I did on my last one, except I had a nice exhaust/intake on the last one.
But this ones lowered with FRSU which I awesome.

My last one I painstakingly stripped, sanded & polished the rocker cover up to a chrome finish which took about 22 hours all in all.
Don't have the time, energy or patience to do that again although it looked the bomb
That sounds an awful lot like hard work!

Anyone know of decent LED side lights mine stated flickering like a strobe light last night. Then were fine this morning. Lol Dodgy Earth on my CTR?

Back