• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 vs Others

Which super unleaded are you mapped CTRs running? I am on a standard map but use the SUL to keep the engine clean and my emissions test is much better with the SUL on the MOT.

Even on my standard CTR I wouldn't go back to 95 UL unless I had no choice.

I tried BP Ultimate. My car likes that. Vpower Nitro she likes it. Just trying Tesco Momentum at the moment. Not so sure on it though only £1.19 per L in Ayrshire Scotland.

Im 26 and pay £340 fully comp for my ep3 - protected 7 years no claims etc - 6 points on licence (will be down to 3 in Aug - fingers crossed)

Last edited by a moderator:
You having 7 years NCB helps bring your premium down. Plus your over 25 :) Thought it might be higher with the points though. Guess each company has their own criteria.

Fair Play

Points didn't affect the insurance much. The longer they have been on your licence the less they seem to affect the premium.
When I was about 19 I got 3 points, rang and told the insurance and they lowered my premium and gave me free AA, I was thinking WTF but obviously didn't complain.

I did a quote and got a CTR down to £187 fully comp but excess was high lol. I am happy with this years premium.

Lol lowered the premium and free AA class :D

Back