• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Much better...

Before

2015-07-18%2015.37.28_zpsafxirjue.jpg

After

IMAG1191_zps2u7itkec.jpg

Starting to put all the stuff back in now, I am so glad I don't have to use the car everyday or I would of been walking everywhere while it's been apart

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Very nice mate, they make such a big difference to the interior. I'll have mine done soon, got the plate and the accelerator pedal done just need to rivet the clutch and brake pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also put these on too as they took all of 2 minutes haha

IMAG1193_zps5csc2mgn.jpg

IMAG1194_zpso3vmsg59.jpg

They look smart mate, did you paint them or are they covers?

Hoovered and cleaned the inside of the boot and around the rear suspension, so it's all spick and span now.

IMAG1196_zps5q5ur9ep.jpg

IMAG1197_zpsosn9adr5.jpg

IMAG1198_zpsqc9iu3jp.jpg

So my rear speaker adaptors arrived today after being sent the wrong ones.

Sound deadening again in the rear panels before fitting the speakers.

The amount of dust behind the speaker grills was unbelievable Geoff, but now all clean and the Pioneers installed

IMAG1201_zpsocws42bv.jpg

IMAG1202_zps4mq3xjr2.jpg

Just sorting out the front doors and power supply for my camera.

Door cards are now back on.

I had to trim some of the plastic around the speaker so it fitted properly, but was easily sorted.

Also added some foam type tape around the area the crossovers sit in the door card to stop them rattling around and all sorted and fitted.

IMAG1204_zpsotmogvd2.jpg

IMAG1203_zpstfiwc0eo.jpg

The tweeters are now fitted all in place and fit perfectly on the oem tweeter mounts and point them in the right direction perfectly

IMAG1207_zpss9qr9nnj.jpg

The light has got the better of me now in between me having dinner.

Managed to get the head unit in sort of, but the amount of wires this head unit has its like spaghetti junction at the back and it's pushing it out a bit.

Also how I had to fit the headunit into the original mounting points it's put it on the sqiff, so when it's in it looks crooked now, so I will have to sort that or it will bug me.

Also appears that the centre console has been painted and it's bubbling at the top, rubbed a bit and it's come off.

So this will need to be addressed.

Did anyone manage to get a colour code for the silver on the dash?

IMAG1209_zpsqzi0q997.jpg

Spaghetti junction in my dash!

IMAG1210_zpsgm38kbk7.jpg

Underneath the dash, my extra cigarette lighter socket for my carcam and you can just see the cable connecting Rick's footwell led's, although it's not working yet, think it might be the connectors not going through the cable fully. I might just solder it to the cables like I have previous.

IMAG1211_zps4up9s8ky.jpg

I piggybacked off the cigarette lighter fuse for the live using the connector you can get these days.

It allows you to put this in place of the fuse, then the original fuse plugs into this, perfect connection and put back easily too.

Hopefully it will all be done tomorrow but as its not been driven or started at all this week the battery has gone flat.

What pedal covers are those , they look really good.
They are the pedals from a DC5.

As they are the same pedals they fit perfectly

So finished off today, all interior back in and covers.

Managed to straighten out the stereo a bit and get all the wires in for it to slot in the dash better.

Bit of trimming on the back of the cage in the dash and it fits a lot better.

IMAG1217_zpsluatckzb.jpg

Looking more JDM lol

IMAG1216_zpse5kxukrx.jpg

Pioneer all in and now straight lol
and fitted with some alloy heater knobs.

Just need to straighten the gear knob now.

Next jobs are on the exterior, wheels are going to be refurbished, new front bumper and bonnet resprayed.

Also I still need to fit my JDM deflectors and clean up the engine bay.

So the next stage is in effect and something is missing again lol

IMAG1231_zpssnecn4nc.jpg

IMAG1233_zpsv84jtigm.jpg

I have had to borrow the use of the folks drive again as without wheels I cannot get it back in my garage :(

Also I was planning on doing them anyway but sooner than I was now after seeing this :(

IMAG1232_zpstxyyygky.jpg

Droplink on the drivers side has completely failed and not on the rubber part.

Some new ones now on order for the front and back, might as well do them all in one go.

All 4 refurbed, just need to sort the centre caps.

Not bad for £76

IMG-20150807-WA0002_zpsgdhkxhlm.jpg

£76! Did you do them yourself?

Wheel refurb place that was local on Groupon.

They were £95 but then a 20% off on a local deal bought it down to £76.

Powdercoated so should be durable but they call it sparkle silver as it has a lot of fleck in them, which I am not keen so may spray them over in silver.

At least it has a good base now and all the kerbing damage has been sorted.

So back after the weekend away and my drop links have arrived...

IMAG1304_zpsekwyskqh.jpg

IMAG1305_zps5cbmdn66.jpg

They certainly look up to the job as apposed to the OEM ones thats for sure.

Unfortunately things have not gone smoothly getting the old ones off, and subsequently my car is still on axle stands :(

Hopefully end of the week it will be done with a replacement lower control arm and the drop links all fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi N77 where did you get your Type-R foot sills from? :D Was it someone on CTRO forum?

I have been looking for some aswell.

Yeah a chap on CTRO makes them, he has a thread in the for sale section

Cool thought so. Thanks. Just waiting for Admin over there to change my username to same as this one. Will have to go order some and get some of the foot well lights from here. Though I am not good at electrical lol

They are **** easy to fit mate, as long as you can find 2 cables they are easily fitted

Back