• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

30th looking very smart N77, I like the DC5 pedals.... I might be pinching that idea. :smt023 Keep up the hard work.

30th looking very smart N77, I like the DC5 pedals.... I might be pinching that idea. :smt023 Keep up the hard work.
That's not a problem copy away haha.

There is a couple of sets on eBay at the moment as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

nice post
g.png

So been a little busy doing a few things and sorting out the drop links.

Unfortunately had a ball ache getting them removed, and managed to damage the front LCA while me and the old man were trying to remove them, so managed to obtain a pair that are in much better condition anyway to replace them both.

So I got these while I was at it, so it will tighten things up and the front nicely...

IMAG1338_zpsmcu6cvur.jpg

However upon the mechanic going to fit them along with the LCA's it was found some things were missing.

I called up Tegiwa where they were purchased from to be told at first they use the existing ones. However when speaking to the mechanic and being informed they were all part of the bush, I was being fobbed off. So another call to Tegiwa and I was told to send a photo of the things I had received, luckily I took this one.

To cut a long story short they have sent me the missing metal sleeves so they can be fitted, but unfortunately they are still yet to be fitted, so all that has been done so far are the drop links all around and the replacement LCA, so will need to book it in again to have the other LCA fitted and the bushes.

Also managed to refurbish the centre caps, so resprayed them and fitted new red H's and clear coated them.

IMAG1343_zpsjnibz1ow.jpg

Also did some cleaning in readiness for something that was coming up and also for JAE.

So the tedious job of cleaning in between the rear badges.

IMAG1355_zpsokmy7tzw.jpg

IMAG1356_zpsnslpu8mn.jpg

I noticed the rear Type R badge the paint was coming away, so a cheap easy fix for now was to replace it with a vinyl R that is exactly the same size and fitted perfectly.

IMAG1372_zpsc8vujgre.jpg

Will do for now but will replace the badge at some point along with the H badge as it is starting to go a bit now, but didn't fancy removing them at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after all the cleaning of the outside the engine bay of the car had been neglected and probably the dirtiest on the car really, so it was time to tackle it.

IMAG1358_zpspmvqodbu.jpg

I used a combination of Gunk Ultra, Megs APC and AB Jaffa Clean.

IMAG1361_zpsfhouih40.jpg

IMAG1362_zpsw1aiyczt.jpg

Before of the engine bay and under the wings and the strut towers, it was filthy.

IMAG1363_zpsy9bspvxa.jpg

Rocker cover cleaning up nicely but unfortunately it has suffered with the paint peeling off and more and more was coming off it as I was cleaning it, so I left it alone.

Will get a refurbished one shortly as I can't leave it like that for too long as it will bug me.

IMAG1366_zpsrhlviplf.jpg

IMAG1364_zpsydmunwqw.jpg

IMAG1374_zpsflvo0ohv.jpg

IMAG1373_zpsqsrbwiex.jpg

Afters of the side panels under the wing, and also the intake manifold had pitted, so Gunk Ultra has got most of the marks off but will keep plodding along with it and keep working on it bit by bit.

Also managed to clean up the tail pipes as well using Megs Metal cleaner and they have come up very nicely.

IMAG1381_zpshwywxujh.jpg

Didn't manage to give it a proper polish but have been cleaning it regularly so it doesn't see much dirt, so cleaned and dried, then Autobrites Cherry Glaze and this was the result.

IMAG1375_zpsqjr2k4jh.jpg

IMAG1376_zps3g6k6mc6.jpg

Then on Bank Holiday Monday I made a trip to Derby for this...

IMAG1392_zpsdx2nbjbh.jpg

IMAG1394_zpspilyyl5t.jpg

IMAG1395_zpsb8pwr6my.jpg

This is what I have been cleaning the car for the last couple of days, although it was spoilt by raining all the way up there :(

However it did pay off putting the cherry glaze on and the water soon wiped off with my Wolly Mamouth.

Basically the shoot was for a magazine that will feature Type R's shortly, so keep your eyes peeled :D

On the way back I went and picked up the Progress ARB from a forum member.

tapatalk_1441141887788_zpshac5cu7m.jpeg

He said it had not been fitted to the car very long but it certainly has seen better days, but where it is positioned it is not hard to see why, so I am going to try a bit of refurbishment.

IMAG1396_zpsmquxbt9t.jpg

IMAG1398_zpsznufkecg.jpg

IMAG1397_zpszt0attrc.jpg

So I have started to strip off the old paint and try and remove some of the surface rust that has been eating through the powder coating. It has really eaten through to the metal so need to clean them up a bit more before I spray them.

Going to try and use some stone chip paint for durability being the position of where it is located and to stop the rust getting any further.

To be continued :lol:

Is it just me that feels bad after reading this thread? I feel like I need to go and clean my car imminently. Congratulations on a great looking motor.

Is it just me that feels bad after reading this thread? I feel like I need to go and clean my car imminently. Congratulations on a great looking motor.

haha, don't be but its niggling me after having 2 new ones, I just want it clean :lol:

So after some sanding and spraying my Progress ARB now looks like this...

IMAG1401_zps0y9839z9.jpg

IMAG1402_zpsyby8ncxu.jpg

IMAG1403_zpso7dqtyd5.jpg

IMAG1404_zpsicrcjaic.jpg

IMAG1406_zpsqgwx1gz2.jpg

Looks a lot better than it did, not perfect as I couldn't get rid of all the rust but this should keep it a bit neater under there.

Might get some more of this stone chip stuff, really good coverage and seems to dry well, might use it under the car and arches, only £6 a can.

Also thanks to Spooner Restorations my cam cover will be sorted shortly too, although not for JAE :(

Halfords do a rubberised truck liner that is mentally tough. I had it on the bumpers for the Lolvo. I scrubbed a wall and it didn't even flinch.

The easy way of getting rid of stone chips on the bumper came today ;)

IMAG1408_zps7dths7wo.jpg

So had the photos from my recent photoshoot come through the post for me as promised.

_28A0014_zps1ynakyzr.jpg

_28A0011_zpsrn4br63x.jpg

_28A0002_zpsv8wdyhjs.jpg

_28A0004_zpscmuamvia.jpg

_28A0005_zpsdxajoyz6.jpg

_28A0021_zps2irk3xch.jpg

_28A0015_zpskhdx1lyr.jpg

_28A0026_zpsndzq47ee.jpg

_28A0028_zpsxaqdupgz.jpg

_28A0030_zps67zofqzu.jpg

_28A0023_zps8flnp4rq.jpg

_28A0034_zpsrvafoly1.jpg

_28A0040_zpsqcriavvq.jpg

_28A0049_zps8dwc63yp.jpg

_28A0060_zpsh993fskl.jpg

_28A0055_zps8kqdhr7s.jpg

Really pleased with them as I would never be able to take photos of the car like this haha

Brilliant. Really show off the car, and it's a credit to you!

It's okay but still a way to go, side skirts and bonnet are the next on the list to sort, too many marks

So on the way back last week it was raining and so the car was a little dirty and wet when I got back.

So got it out today and gave it a clean, deciding to get some new plates made or wait as I may put my plate that's on retention or get another plate, was thinking N77 CTR which would go well.

So took off the plates to give them a clean behind

IMAG1411_zpsaz6xpp7d.jpg

Then the next job was the one I wish I could of sorted before the photoshoot but it didn't show that badly, but it's ****ing me off everytime I clean it so my fresh clean and stone chip free front end, well bonnet yet to do.

IMAG1419_zpspyug19cm.jpg

IMAG1418_zpssl9qjpld.jpg

Getting there slowly, couple of things to do but may wait until after JAE.

Back