• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Auto Express feature - EP3 and FN2 required for photoshoot

Hi Folks

I have permission from a forum moderator to post this request (thank you Mr Moderator).

Auto Express are doing a feature with Honda and would like to include a first and second generation Civic Type R.

What we need to sort is one of each car for a studio photoshoot, the cars will not be shot together so we do not need to get the two cars together on the same day.

We also have 2 studios available, one in Derby and one at Beaulieu Motor Museum, Hampshire so hopefully widening the owners choice.

We do have fuel budget available for this feature of £40 per car, now I don't know the fuel consumption of a Type R so I don't know what radius this will cover, however the owner will also get a full set of the studio pictures from the day which would cost £400.

Now I obviously don't expect anyone to do this that doesn't want to but if there is a Gen 1 and Gen 2 owner out there who feels that this is a fair swap of their time please can they email me at [email protected] with a couple of pictures of their car and I can give further details as necessary. One thing I do have to say is that we can't use heavily modified cars, the ideal would be to have two standard cars, however we realise that most cars will have had some modifications done which is why I need to pictures to show the Art Ed.

We would like to get the cars sorted in the next couple of weeks but the deadline to get them photographed is the second week of September.

Any questions please mail or add to the thread!
Many thanks
Vicky

5f56b59bb75119b0e6dd40c7c70c6654.jpg

f17fce941e175f482f7feb4fe8f88348.jpg

My ep3 not heavily modified, if any good pm me Andy

th_DSC_0053_exposure.jpg

Hi Vicky my car is getting a respray in the next few weeks and will be ready by end of August, it will be standard looking. dont know if that will be any good for you.

Please pick good colours, for example a white EK9. I saw a lovely looking one at Simply Japanese on Sunday.

Mine is standardish. For a given value of ish. Well, most of the paint on the outside is still standard.

Such a shame Lewis sold his, it was perfect.

I wonder if I should put my EP3 forward :D Last off the production line. Though my alloys are not the standard colour lol.

You don't see many EK9s around. Do love their vtec crossover noise from that 1.6l Some car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks

I have made a small error in my request (you will be pleased to know I'm not writing the feature), I have asked for an example of an EK9 and EP3 as the first and second gen of Type R which essentially they are but not for the official UK market. What I actually need is a EP3 and a FN2 (and if this is wrong more apologies!).
Very sorry for this schoolgirl error, I have put forward Andy83, Simon25 and the couple of people who have sent pictures to my mail address for the EP3 choice and will go over to the FN2 forum and post there.
Apologies again.
Vicky

Hi Neil_Jay, when you have a moment can you send over a couple of pictures so I can put your car forward to the Art Ed?
Thanks
Vicky

I have a pretty much standard ep3 30th anniversary edition in silver, I am only about 30 mins from Derby too.

IMG_5495_zps926107b2.jpg

IMG_5493_zpsb24442e3.jpg

IMG_5589_zpsc53aedaf.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi All
Many apologies for the radio silence, I have been away from a computer from the 4th August until yesterday and I am frantically playing catch up. One of the things that happened whilst I was away was that the deadline for the photoshoots was pulled forward by 3 weeks. As I had passed on all the information on the cars this wasn't too much of a problem as the Editor could make a decision with the full range but what I like to do is send a personal email to all the owners who weren't chosen to let them know and this didn't happen.
So firstly thank you to the owners who have been able to help at shorted notice than originally said and apologies to the owners who didn't get chosen. All the cars offered were perfectly suitable for the shoot and what usually happens is that the cars are chosen for colour (a strong colour looks good in a white studio) and then owner's location can sometimes help if time is short (which it suddenly was in this instance!).
Thank you for all your enthusiasm, I can put these please out and not get a single answer and I think we had about 8 owners come forward which is amazing.
Again apologies for the lack of a personal email to the owners that weren't chosen and thank you for all your input.
Vicky

Back