• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Marking a place.

tapatalk_1440270664748.jpeg

Went and sounded well. Felt solid. Inside is a bit strange after being in a Civic.

I didn't get to drive the semi-auto that I wanted to though.

I went for a look at an M135i this afternoon... :oops:

Funny I had one of those up my chuff on the 57 just this afternoon tryin to prove he was a man, Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.....Like the Golf R and the Merc boring, although I like the look of the A45 more so, but the price is off the chizam.....

Madagascar has a lot to answere for......:)

I'd have the Golf R over the BMW myself but both of them just look a little boring I think.
Great cars for sure but just far to grown up for me :) no ones going to look twice at them in a
Car park were as the Civic lol

Still sticking to the FK then or slightly tempted?

If the rumours don't end up being what they were first thought to be and mine is on time, I'll stick with the FK I think.

The BMW sounded like pure theatre compared to the FK though, and judging by the Milltek vid you can't improve on the sound much.

If the rumours don't end up being what they were first thought to be and mine is on time, I'll stick with the FK I think.

The BMW sounded like pure theatre compared to the FK though, and judging by the Milltek vid you can't improve on the sound much.
My colleague at work has the 235i only 3 weeks old and looks nice. He has shown me the milltek system vid it does sound really good.
What I would say though is when our cars are parked next to each other in the car park the Fk2 looks so much better imo

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Totally agree, I Wkly washed mine today & later on I spotted 2 cars pull up & also one of those ol Fn2s did 2 laps :lol: near 3mths of turning heads, never had a car where people literally stop, take pictures or best yet reverse way back in traffic to say nice car

The trouble with the 135i is that the M2 is going to be out soon and that will overshadow it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, I Wkly washed mine today & later on I spotted 2 cars pull up & also one of those ol Fn2s did 2 laps near 3mths of turning heads, never had a car where people literally stop, take pictures or best yet reverse way back in traffic to say nice car
I've had some lads in an AMG pull into the petrol station when they didn't need fuel just to take some pictures.

One lad stopped his car on a main road whilst I was parked to ask my how it drove.

The scariest though was driving passed chester racecourse when I police bike pulled me up. I thought I was being done for doing something wrong. But he just wanted to talk about the car. It's just that sort of car atm because it's so new.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It is a nice feeling but it can be embarrassing, I think it was my 2nd WK of ownership, I pulled into a shell garage looked around & it was every head looking my way, then the windows came down, I didn't even bother to get out & just drove off.
It also got really tiring & I didn't bother washing the car for a few wks, I was constantly getting cars pulling up outside my house, I couldn't relax & was jumping up every time I heard a car, my sleep was affected & I did start to lose the excitement towards the car.
I don't mind people taking a notice but doing it on your doorstep is a tad creepy, it would be a car stopping, then that car would come back with another car, I'm hoping it will die down once a few more are on the rds

Not seen the M135i I will take a look now.

Impressive straight line speed. Looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are great to drive, almost 40mpg as well if you put it in economy and stay off boost.

Chaps being edgy about people taking pics etc. Relax. End of the day it's just metal. Drive it and enjoy it. If something happens it or it gets stolen, that's what insurance is for. If you stay in that mind frame you'll never really enjoy it.

spec'd a 135i, for the spec its out of budget.

Starting to think the FK is a wiser choice considering DC5, S2K and FD2 prices rising.

spec'd a 135i, for the spec its out of budget.

I thought so too. I sent this to the dealer as an example of the spec I wanted, but in Estoril Blue. http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...35i-5dr-step-auto/4707897#rCyOQtstPj5GUcXS.03

He came back saying that car new for the spec was roughly £35k. With discount though you should be able to get that to within £2k of that used price, closer if I took their finance.

This is the spec I've come up with: mybmw.co.uk/m0e3f6p8

£37k list, but going off what the dealer is saying it will come in at less than the FK2 GT, and the Beemer is a very nice place to sit for that money.

I've emailed him my spec and he is ringing me back this afternoon.

BMW also do a 5 year service pack for £500.

Back