• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

confidence in Honda supporting your new purchase once you've finally received it?

That's a bit thing to be honest, and I wouldn't be confident in that.

Pure rumour mill here, but I read a one liner on another forum where someone says they were told unofficially that the K20C1 is popping valves and engine production has been switched to another plant - A PR sensitive reason for the delay perhaps? Probably the sort of thing they'd want to keep quiet lest the head of engine development have to take some pretty deep bows towards the rest of the exec team...

I've heard the same, though it started on here IIRC. :lol:

What would be devastating is if after all his time you receive the car then it ends up having to go back for a recall or something. I dunno, I still think you'd love it to bits once it arrives. You'd soon forget all this nonsense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be devastating is if after all his time you receive the car then it ends up having to go back for a recall or something.

Couldn't agree more on that one! If the recall was a year down the road then perhaps less of an issue but receiving the car after all this hassle and then having a recall on it within the first 6 months would be the final straw for me personally!

Its a car worth waiting for for sure........Honda have run into a spot of supply issues, or maybe even wheel supply issues, who knows...what ever it is they want it sorted before people in the UK get them delivered....

Its a car worth waiting for for sure........Honda have run into a spot of supply issues, or maybe even wheel supply issues, who knows...what ever it is they want it sorted before people in the UK get them delivered....

I suppose that is actually quite a good point. At least they seem to be going through the trouble of getting it right first time even if it does mean some temporarily unhappy customers?

Noble sentiments, if perhaps optimistic.

I suspect the truth is closer to it being cheaper to sort out before they leave the factory and they can bullsh*t their way by claiming supply problems, rather than having them grenade publicly a la GT3 which would be worse from a PR perspective.

New Civic Type R

Wait out. Sack the BMW idea off. Remember it's not the dealers fault that there is a delay, hondauk have been let down by s supplier. I am sure they don't really want to be letting customers down and like any major corporate business they aren't letting much out of the bag as to what the hold up is.

Remember the reason you put a deposit down on the car , that's because you wanted it after a drive , people put deposits down last year and only just taken delivery. A 4-6 week wait would not bother me on a new car as it can be used to negotiate free servicing/mats/fuel due to the inconvenience of the delay, buy yourself a beater to get about in , switch off from the idea that the car is getting delivered at the beginning of November and go back to them in a couple of weeks for an update. I'm sure the sales manager is well aware that you are keen to get your car and are probably trying to pull a few strings to see what can be done. You just have to ride it out and accept that these things happen.

Or buy one of the many used ones ...

Just don't rush in to the BMW idea as I genuinely believe you'll wish you hadn't.. Especially when the FK2 becomes easily obtainable in the new year.

Of course the choice is yours.. However you need to come to terms with the fact that the car won't be delivered when they initially said it was.

Yarp, a good call. Save money and get a feel for how Honda are supporting FK2 owners once the dust has settled.

May I recommend getting something like an FN2 to tide you over. They're quite nice in Champ White.

Spoke to the dealer. I rang him but he has been waiting for a call back from Honda UK.

I think he is more stressed than me to be honest.

We talked about pushing Honda for some sort of compensation.

I'm not buying an ex demo one.

The first post on Facebook would be greeted with a dozen responses of, "I drove that one, ragged it from cold, the dealer didn't care."

Do they not do a 1 series with a boot?
They look far better than the hatch. In fact it even makes me look more than a second.
Thats high praise for an ugly pig face car. :lol:

If you're set on changing Loxy, what other cars are out there for the same price?

Oh right, but they used to though?

Yeah, coupe again. All BMW have done is move the coupe/convertible models up one digit, to match the 6 series being that of the 5 series.

So now 2 series = coupe/vert 1 series
4 series = coupe/vert 3 series

Yeah, coupe again. All BMW have done is move the coupe/convertible models up one digit, to match the 6 series being that of the 5 series.

So now 2 series = coupe/vert 1 series
4 series = coupe/vert 3 series

Cheers dude, every day's a school day.

Wait out. Sack the BMW idea off. Remember it's not the dealers fault that there is a delay, hondauk have been let down by s supplier. I am sure they don't really want to be letting customers down and like any major corporate business they aren't letting much out of the bag as to what the hold up is.

Parts issue being the wrong valves, doesn't sink me with confidence!

Pure rumour mill here, but I read a one liner on another forum where someone says they were told unofficially that the K20C1 is popping valves and engine production has been switched to another plant - A PR sensitive reason for the delay perhaps? Probably the sort of thing they'd want to keep quiet lest the head of engine development have to take some pretty deep bows towards the rest of the exec team...

The rumour mill would be me. Welcome to 10 days ago. :lol:

I have it on good authority that production of the new Type R has been suspended for the time being.

All current cars that have been sold will be recalled to Honda. Details are sketchy, but it may be due to incorrect valves being fitted.

Can any current owners confirm if they have had their dealers contact them please?

Dotty knows my source and knows it's a good one.

I might be putting two and two together and coming up with 22, but could it have coincided with the move to Ohio for engine production?

Remember the reason you put a deposit down on the car , that's because you wanted it after a drive , people put deposits down last year and only just taken delivery. A 4-6 week wait would not bother me on a new car as it can be used to negotiate free servicing/mats/fuel due to the inconvenience of the delay, buy yourself a beater to get about in , switch off from the idea that the car is getting delivered at the beginning of November and go back to them in a couple of weeks for an update. I'm sure the sales manager is well aware that you are keen to get your car and are probably trying to pull a few strings to see what can be done. You just have to ride it out and accept that these things happen.

Just don't rush in to the BMW idea as I genuinely believe you'll wish you hadn't.. Especially when the FK2 becomes easily obtainable in the new year.

Of course the choice is yours.. However you need to come to terms with the fact that the car won't be delivered when they initially said it was.

Totally agree.....

After a day of Honda not ringing my dealer back and me getting peeved, I've cancelled the order on the Civic and got offered my deposit back because I've been messed about.

Honda logistics didn't know anything new and aren't being told anything from the factory so can't say when the car would have been delivered so I've cancelled. I said to the dealer, it could be the 4 weeks they are saying now but it could equally be 8, 12, who knows.

I phoned straight away and placed the order on the BMW, the order has gone though and now I wait.

The thing that really did wind me up is the phone call I got from my dealer after I had cancelled the Civic, then placed the order with BMW. They've been taken over by Cox of Lancaster last night by all accounts, and Cox have a GT in Blue pre-reg with 50 miles on that they would graciously sell me straight away. I said, if you'd have told me that last week or even earlier today it might be a different story, but they weren't part of Cox last week. Not to be and no regrets. I think I've got a better deal for what I want with the BMW.

I am dissapoint.

Although I'd have done the same from the off John. The beemer seems like a lot more car for the money to me.

Back