• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Honda have been a bit too arrogant about this car. My dealer said I had to agree to buy it before o even drove it. Fcuk off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Defo the car, it's one of the benefits of having a rare one.
Those days are gone for you German lads. Still, you could always hold your key in a pub to try and get some attention from none car people.

:lol: ;)

You need to go out in one, they may blend in but it's honestly really fun to drive. Although it is my first boosted car.

My dealer said I had to agree to buy it before o even drove it. Fcuk off!!

Mine said something along those lines to me. The one they had in the showroom wasn't to be taken out. They sold a white one and the guy didn't even get to have a test drive.

My local dealer seemed more interested in buying my S2000 than wanting to let me drive the FK2. They cancelled the first drive due to a little bit of rain and haven't chased me up about a second one.

You need to go out in one, they may blend in but it's honestly really fun to drive. Although it is my first boosted car.

I'm sure they are but they don't tickle my pickle.
Plus I find the whole "I'm better than you" attitude that most German car drivers and the media have very off putting.

I think this thread needs cleaning up. :lol:

:lol: It's difficult to keep it flowing when you move stuff out as some of it is CTR relevant and where would you move it to?

Reopen your FK2 thread John, bang it all in there. It's mostly about your specific car, and your purchase trials and tribulations with Honda. Sorted. :)

So now they've been moved. 20+ pages on a car I never owned...

Dear oh dear, maybe you can buy one as your next car after the bmw lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might get one as a family beater when they're a couple of years old. :lol:

Loxy - I'm a little confused as to how the owner and site administrator of this type-r-owners forum can activity promote and purchase another manufacturers brand. I thought the whole purpose of this forum is discuss and promote the Type R brand, good and bad!! How will you do this when you'll be comparing each comment we make with your bland BMW??

I think you need to go back to the Honda dealer reinstate you order and wait for yours to arrive so we can all share the same pain together!!

Relevent post of the thread.......

Relevent post of the thread.......

You read the reply then?

When Honda start treating us like customers again I'll be back.

They're fine when things are going well, but I've had all manner of comments like, "We've got people queuing up to buy these," "What's 5 or 6 months when there is this much excitement about a car," and general fcukery like that, and not from the dealer but from Honda UK.

Buying a new car is supposed to be exciting and a fun experience. I'm sure your purchase was. It stopped being fun for me and the calls to the dealer turned from fun anticipation to one of the chores I didn't look forward to, to something that actually started stressing me out and led to me ultimately not wanting Honda to have my money. As they were all too keen to point out, I'm sure someone else will spend theirs, but it won't be mine, and not while they act like that to customers and a repeat one at that. In our house we have had 7 Hondas in 9 years and only four of them have been mine.

Loxy - I'm a little confused as to how the owner and site administrator of this type-r-owners forum can activity promote and purchase another manufacturers brand. I thought the whole purpose of this forum is discuss and promote the Type R brand, good and bad!! How will you do this when you'll be comparing each comment we make with your bland BMW??

I think you need to go back to the Honda dealer reinstate you order and wait for yours to arrive so we can all share the same pain together!!

untitled.png

I think it's a real shame you're not getting the CTR Loxy, but when my turn to get one comes around, I'll be expecting red carpets, champagne and a general feeling of being treated brilliantly*. The fact you were stressing over something that is meant to be fun says it all and I hope you enjoy the 1 Series.

*or close

I had a very frank discussion with the dealer principle at my local Honda this morning.

They're sorry for messing me about but in his opinion Honda aren't geared up for selling the new Type R.

The dealership makes no money on them, so they've no objections to giving me the deposit back. He doesn't blame me as what has happened isn't how they normally go about things.

No animosity, these things happen and parted with a handshake. Refreshing for a car dealer.

Back