• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D4N H's 2008 FN2 GT (NHB)

So I know its been along time since I have been active on here. I have had a lot going on for a little while with changing jobs and moving house.

Last week a bought this 2008 FN2 in black with ~51k on the clock.

IMG_0456_zpsq7xyfkp0.jpg

So far my opinion of the car is that it's not as urgent as the EP3. Although it's a little less raw,it is a lot more comfortable to be in, and the interior feels better built. It reminds me a little of my old Golf GTI with the improved interior. It's an obvious comment I know, it feels like a different car. Like Honda's priority's changed between the EP3 and FN2. I am sure that this is old news to most people.

The car itself had very dark, possibly illegal tints in the front windows. Worried about getting pulled over, I took them off over the weekend. It was not to difficult. I used a steamer and it took about half an hour in total to heat up and pull them off in one strip.

IMG_0466_zpsipgo3j3b.jpg

IMG_0469_zpskheaok9b.jpg

IMG_0470_zpsvoiakpnr.jpg

The indicator on one of the mirrors had been broken. So I ordered a replacement from Cox (great service be the way), along with a new set of mats as the old ones are tatty fakes And also a nerdy red H key cover. I'll put it all in the car once / if the rain lets up. If anyone can give me pointers on changing the mirror indicator I would be very grateful.

0405FDC4-D94C-45A4-960B-FEDC1D1F9443_zpswmjgkaku.jpg

IMG_0484_zps4fa9hohu.jpg

And the final update I have at the moment is that I had ordered some bits for the new house from Homebase The delivery lorry managed to give my new car a tap. I've made a complaint already, so fingers crossed they’ll pay up for the repairs without kicking up a fuss.

IMG_0460_zpsgaeuivue.jpg

IMG_0458_zpsmylznjhj.jpg

Plans for the future:For now, as I will be doing more miles than I did in the EP3 I plan on changing the tyres for some Eagle F1's before winter. I was very impressed with them on my last Type R.
And when I change the brake pads I will probably get some braided lines as well. Maybe at some point in a year or so I'll look at getting a FRSU done. But right now I think I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Nice car, I bet your wounded about the Blummin lorry induced damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty ****ed off about the lorry. It seems to all be getting sorted but no confirmation just yet.

I have not sold the EP3 yet. There's a couple of bits I need to take off of it. Give it a few weeks and it'll be up for sell I hope.

I knew someone would comment on the footwear! :lol:

I got a full service, minus the air filter as I will be replacing this with a K&N panel filter. At the same time I had the MOT done as this is up next month so I thought I would get it out of the way. Just an advisory on the tires.

This morning I put the new mats in and changed the mirror indicator over.

Old mats.
IMG_0490_zpshmosagms.jpg

New mats in the car.
IMG_0491_zpshnzi9ai3.jpg

Nasty tape removed.
IMG_0492_zps5458lqdk.jpg

Positioned mirror glass for carful removal.
IMG_0493_zpsjlthj6mo.jpg

Glass unclipped with heater wires attached.
IMG_0495_zpsg3uasfmc.jpg

Remembering the "3" is the top wire and "14" is the bottom.
IMG_0497_zpswidyatir.jpg

Unscrew the to two T15 screws located in the bottom left and right
Use a small thin ruler (or anything you find laying around) to unclip the three clips. Top left, top middle and right hand side.
IMG_0496_zps4pssqyhf.jpg

Carefully pop cover off and disconnect cable.
IMG_0498_zpsp64hcjuc.jpg

Three screws holding light in place.
Two of the bits had snapped. I guess this happed when the light was broken. I need to glue these or buy a replacement cap later on.
IMG_0500_zpst9hlznbu.jpg

I fit the new light and tested it worked.
IMG_0504_zps8e7efc7o.jpg

Everything back together.
IMG_0505_zps0qgjfegh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good progress on the car! Quite satisfying getting small niggles resolved, sometimes more rewarding than big mods!

You're lucky you moved, I was round that way last night and I felt like ripping off wing mirrors. People parking like absolute fcuktards.
Anyway, good to see you back, nice FN2, the cabin looks so much nicer than the EP3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know what you mean. When we moved in to the flat five and a half years ago there was no one there. Now every flat and house has at least two cars but only one space. It's a massive pain in the bottom every night when you get home from work. Although we are in Medway now :lol:. Well, just about Medway anyway.

I'm really enjoying the more civilised interior. Longer drives are a much nicer experience now.

Back