• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Petrol and oils to use

Hi guys hours now until I pick up the car (exciting) what petrol do you all recommend and what oil do you recommend to use? Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Full service parts

Hi all

Could you please recommend the best service parts for my EP3 05 it has been serviced by the garage I'm collecting from but I want to get it redone with the best thanks

Olivio.

Seriously though it's been covered over and over.

Any fully synthetic 5W-40 and whatever fuel you want. Until the car is remapped fuel isn't going to make a big difference, but there is a whole couple of threads on the merits of different brands and super vs regular!

A decent branded 5w40 oil, personally I generally use Fuchs Titan stuff, but many people use shell helix which is quite a bit cheaper I think. Genuine or hamp oil filter. Ngk iridium plugs and genuine air filter if you're doing those parts aswell.

I'll order some fuchs 5w40oil then Hamp oil filter and ngk Iridium plugs today then

Olivio_Oil_1000__93946_zoom.jpg

I felt stupid when I didn't realise what he meant in the first place

Can't go wrong with that, personally, I always use Castrol Edge, but 5-40 fully is the most recommended, I'm on my 3rd EP3 and have always used HAMP oil filters and NGK plugs, never had any issues.

Going to give this a go this is my second ep3 but my first one was over 6 years ago lol

I use Millers Nanodrive, don't burn a drop, but I'd go with that or the Fuchs really.
+1 for the Hamp filters, I normally go for the "shortie's", I'd recommend the shorties for one of two reasons. 1 - slightly increased oil pressure, and 2 - their easier to get on and off due to a bit more room. The latter comes in handy, Tegiwa also do a tool which makes it a doddle to remove. Although I guess it don't make much difference unless you're doing the servicing yourself :lol:

The fuel thing is quite a debate, although you can use regular 95, I always use either V-power or Tesco 99, I find I get great fuel economy with the V-power, but find throttle response is sharper with Tesco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back