• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Petrol and oils to use

I know this is an old thread but didn’t want to start a new one.

I need to service my on going track car build and read through this thread so looked in to the 5w40 Fuchs oil and found there are 2 types, Fully synthetic (super syn) or Fully synthetic (Race pro S) the car will only be used on track so want to use the best for this and looking for advise on which one is recommended.

TIA

I’ve mostly used more with the thinner oils. TGM and Performance Autoworks both recommend 10w60 for a car that does a few track days.

Makes sense. We're on that Millers nanodrive stuff, used very little in a 12 month period (five track days/~600miles) and same again this year too with an annual change.

Cheers guys.

I spoke to TDI North and they recommended 5w40 and also to get an Oil cooler.

Wouldn't bother with an oil cooler unless you're running boost.

Would there be any benefit at all to run one anyway? If not then that’s more money saved to spend elsewhere but if it will be a bit benificial then I’d be happy putting one on anyway.

Cheers

Would there be any benefit at all to run one anyway? If not then that’s more money saved to spend elsewhere but if it will be a bit benificial then I’d be happy putting one on anyway.

Cheers

Not in my experience. You'll also run the risk of the oil not reaching optimum temperatures in colder conditions.

Don't know about the oil but I have run my last 3 cars using BP Ultimate or Esso Supreme. Might be another £5 per tank but the additives will help keep injectors & fuel system clean without putting in other products. Higher octane = better burn = a bit more oomph as well.

Don't know about the oil but I have run my last 3 cars using BP Ultimate or Esso Supreme. Might be another £5 per tank but the additives will help keep injectors & fuel system clean without putting in other products. Higher octane = better burn = a bit more oomph as well.

Yep totally agree, I have always run my cars on Shell or BP ultimate, I do 50k a year in my daily car and find it works out about the same price anyway due to the extra mpg I get.

Back