• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2002 Nighthawk Black Track EP3 Type R - Dave

What are you using at the minute?

I quite like our line up of tyres currently, though the AS3's don't really get much use but the Rainsport 3's are really good in the wet and we're on our second set of R888R because we like them.

What are you using at the minute?

I quite like our line up of tyres currently, though the AS3's don't really get much use but the Rainsport 3's are really good in the wet and we're on our second set of R888R because we like them.

I'm running NS2R's at the moment the race/track compound they are brilliant for the money

I'm running NS2R's at the moment the race/track compound they are brilliant for the money

I've heard good things about them to be fair!

Our first set of R888R were over £700 :eek:

Second set were much cheaper thankfully!

Dave looks like great fun, you got many track day's planned for this year?

Thanks bud, it's a great piece of mind knowing he's not needed other than for abusing on track! :D

Just booked our first track day of the year at Cadwell, also just about to order the replacement radiator to get him up and running for the day. We'll likely change the oil and freshen up the brake fluid as well.

The time has come for an update. Dave has been woken up from his hibernation for some TLC and goodies.

Replacement radiator, low temp thermostat, replacement coolant hoses, decat exhaust manifold and a Tegiwa M airbox.

The oil has had it's annual change as well.

All ready for remapping on the 16th April with Cadwell booked for the day after!

Good update mate, but you should re-route the green piping below the carbon box, that way it won't interfere with the bonnet sound deadening thing (you know the soft material).

When is your next track day and where?

Just put it there as it seemed everyone else does it, if it causes a problem I'll move it.

Mapping is booked on the 16th at Ti Motorsport and then Cadwell the day after on the 17th, see how much different it is to drive at our favourite circuit.

Update time people!

A few days ago we had Dave remapped at TiMotorsport (Tegiwa).

A stock EP3 should make 197bhp new. Dave is a 2002 car with 138k on the clock.

On the first run Dave made a healthy 214bhp with just the mods bolted on!

[video=youtube_share;aWOb-JLXZIg]https://youtu.be/aWOb-JLXZIg[/video]

After a chunk of mapping had been done this run was to see how far the engine could be pushed and find out where the power falls off in the rev range. Dave was ran right up to 9,000rpm making a peak figure of 236bhp as well!

[video=youtube_share;ABw9kYW_PKo]https://youtu.be/ABw9kYW_PKo[/video]

Finally this power run was made with the rev limiter dropped to 8,200rpm. Peak power was 234bhp at 8,000rpm which should keep the engine reliable.
[video=youtube_share;tNjn-2uxa50]https://youtu.be/tNjn-2uxa50[/video]

Looking good, just shows you a well serviced k20 engine with 138k on the clock still makes impressive power, I bet you will notice a huge difference on track at Cadwell.

Nice man, is that power with a cat still on? Can't recall if Dave had a 4-2-1 or not.

Lovely that, great videos and pics. 138k with performance like that is why we all love EP3's so much! What a credit this thread is to them.

Have you got a full list of Dave's mods? 230ish BHP for mine would be a dream / my goal.

Hopefully one day I can have a track car as good as Dave :D

Nice man, is that power with a cat still on? Can't recall if Dave had a 4-2-1 or not.
Looks like a 4-1 mate.

Lovely that, great videos and pics. 138k with performance like that is why we all love EP3's so much! What a credit this thread is to them.

Have you got a full list of Dave's mods? 230ish BHP for mine would be a dream / my goal.

Hopefully one day I can have a track car as good as Dave :D
Cheers mate! Had the car for two and a half years, going halves helps a lot but still expensive, we just get stuff as and when we can. Certain things you can get away with second hand and the more important bits are always new.

Full list of mods below:
KPro ECU
Tegiwa M airbox
Clockwise motion sump baffle
Decat exhaust manifold
Spoon cat-back exhaust
Adjustable front camber bolts & rear camber arms
Stoptech BBK 4pot brakes with 330mm floating discs
'Fast road' geo
Tow straps front & rear
Unicorn farting sticker
Stripped interior
Three sets of OEM alloys (Toyo R888R, Goodyear AS2 & Uniroyal RS3)
Rear tinted windows
Awesome 'Dave' plates
Two fat Polish blokes who think they can drive

Back