• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 revving on its own?

Ljw

Around 2 weeks ago I had a full complete service, everything and anything that could be done was changed.

i haven't used my car within a week. But when I went to use it, it started up fine... I pulled off and 100 meters down the road the car started revving by its self from 1000-3500 revs.

This has happened once before when the car was left for a period of time... After giving it a good run it was fine.

all I want to know is, is this normal.. Or is there something that needs to be changed? Surely just because you leave a car for a few days it shouldn't be doing this?

I did look through this, but if I use the car say everyday it's absolutely fine, not effecting the driving, idles fine. It's only when the cars been left for a week or 4/5 days, it revs up at down, then after I turn the engine off and on its completely fine. And then won't happen again

Butterfly valve sits at the bottom when car is switched off. Most of the gunk is underneath. Carbon, oil, dirt etc When car is sitting up it solidifies. If left sitting long enough a simple blast down the B road won't clear it.

Best off taking IACV apart and cleaning properly as preventative maintenance.

Back