• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

:eek: :eek: :eek: I DROVE IT TODAY :eek: :eek: :eek:

8am start at the garage, clutch release bearing fitted by 11am, then it drove!!

Now needs the brake system sorting out, and a new fan fitting and it's pretty much done!

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I've moved house, and almost finished sorting out the new garage.

When I started it had two lightbulbs, one power socket and not a lot else. It was crap.

Since moving in I've built the workbench from scratch, fitted a vice, put shelves up, put up drawers in the walls for fastenings, moved my tool chest in, put up 5x LED batten lights, mounted 2 cabinets on the walls and much, much more.

Might actually get to work on some cars soon. CRX is 2nd on the list after my daily driver sadly!

I will get it on track early summer!

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I've moved house, and almost finished sorting out the new garage.

When I started it had two lightbulbs, one power socket and not a lot else. It was crap.

Since moving in I've built the workbench from scratch, fitted a vice, put shelves up, put up drawers in the walls for fastenings, moved my tool chest in, put up 5x LED batten lights, mounted 2 cabinets on the walls and much, much more.

Might actually get to work on some cars soon. CRX is 2nd on the list after my daily driver sadly!

I will get it on track early summer!
Did you make the work bench from plans or just winged it? I need one for my garage but hate working with wood

Did you make the work bench from plans or just winged it? I need one for my garage but hate working with wood

Hi mate I made it from a YouTube video! I've never done much woodworking before but it was all common sense really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4joppT76Ss

Only difference I did was I put the large bolts for the legs in at 90 degrees to each other, so they braced in two different planes.

And also used a large sheet of ply for the top, instead of planks

Another easy way is old worktop and kitchen carcasses, that is what I have in my shed

Speak to a few local kitchen fitters, leave them your number and go offer to go and collect as they rip an old kitchen out. It'll save them skip space.

I've nailed off a few more minor jobs

- Small patch on the floor
- Fuel pressure set to 50psi
- Fuel injector #4 leak fixed
- Fuel level now working
- Fire extinguisher mounted
- Gear cables secure
- Brakes bled (although possible minor leak still)

Main issue now is just how much the bulkhead is flexing massively with the brake pedal being pumped. I'm going to have to brace it somehow, either from the engine bay to a strut brace, or by welding some bracing to the inside of the bulkhead. That'll mean dash out!

Other jobs left
- Awaiting custom hoses from Roose Motorsport for coolant
- Secure brake bias valve on a bracket
- Refit passenger seat
- MOT

It's all progress now chaps! I've done about 50 road miles in it without much issue.

I have a second set of wheels, Team Dynamics Pro Race 3's, which I intend to use as dry track tyres. I bought 2x 225/50/15's AR1's and fitted them to a pair of these wheels. I've read nothing but praise for these tyres.

They were too wide for the rear, sadly, but that's what I needed to know to move forward.

They went nicely on the front. The rears are now some scrubbed AR1's in 195/50/15

I've also started replacing the terrible 80's bulbs for LED ones. Here's the dipped beams sorted. The rest are on order.

In my first round of road testing I also did a quick decibel check... Oh dear!

That's going to need another exhaust box fitting.

Next up:
- 150 mile roadtrip in it
- More uprated bulbs
- GoPro mounting
- 2x Cadwell trips
- Santa Pod

Slightly off topic, but I've been busy elsewhere!

My CRX is totally unsuitable for our British winter trackdays. That led me to seek a cheap, disposable, 4WD, wet weather track car. Something that a Mk4 Golf V6 4motion did nicely.

The car runs great in the wet, often being quicker than 90% of cars on track. A recent visit to Anglesey in storm conditions made a lot of expensive machinery look rather silly.

However, previously, when conditions have dried, the Golf struggles. It's a distinctly average track car in the dry, which leads to frustration. I therefore toyed with the idea of an R32 conversion, or turbocharging.

However, I decided on a TT 3.2 Quattro, for several reasons. Firstly, the TT shell is the lightest of all that platform of VAG cars. It also has other benefits over the Mk4 4motion, such as quick ratio steering, better geometry, thicker anti roll bars and fancy wishbones.

Here she is, only 84k on the clock and also benefits from being a DSG model

First impressions are good, it certainly feels more planted and less wallowy than the Golf. I'm going to swap over the coilovers, 6 pot brakes and a few other goodies from it. I've also got adjustable rear arms to go on, and adjustable front top mounts. This will let me give it a full geometry setup to get the most out of it.

It'll be a good car to go on holiday in too, and for Ring trips.

Back