• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Good thread party, you're at s similar crossroads to me so makes for a good read

does the final drive whine?

Any idea what you'd be pulling 0-60 (in perfect grippy conditions)? Be interesting given the NA BHP and diff

Hi mate

The box whines yes, can't tell if that's the Kaaz plated diff or the final drive as they were both in the car when purchased! That aside it's not a loud whine at all (nothing like a straight cut box). It's quieter than induction and exhaust noises.

No idea on 0-60 I'd guess maybe 5-6 seconds. 0-100 might be more impressive relative to other cars, and 0-145 I reckon I'd beat most large ~400bhp cars.

Not much progress except giving her a wash! Here's the first pic with the all-white look.

20151207_142406_zpsit8pufmc.jpg

Mainly I'm clearing garage space for her, for a dozen or so mods / jobs I've got lined up for over Xmas/new year.

She also now has a private plate on the way!

Stay tuned :)

Update time :)

First off I got a billet aluminium AEM fuel rail
fuel%20rail1_zpsqhdbnjbn.jpg

I set about removing the OEM fuel rail and swapping to some new injector o-rings.

The AEM has the added benefit of housing your injector wiring, which tidies things up nicely. There are also provisions for aeroquip style fittings on the fuel rail ends and also fuel pressure gauge fittings (which you can blank off). Here she is all fitted
fuel%20rail%20fitted_zps1qzzdmyp.jpg

I'm going to have the manifold painted in crinkle black eventually :)

Whilst I was in the area I removed the Idle Air Assist. This unscrews and is replaced with a 3/8 NPT blanking plug. You can then cap off the vacuum feeds to it with some vacuum caps

Here are the bits you need (few quid off ebay)
20151215_134725_zpsohoacexa.jpg

The car runs a lot better now from cold and the bay is a lot less cluttered :)
fuel%20rail%20fitted_zps1qzzdmyp.jpg

On the cosmetics front I painted up my old red centre caps, added the Honda logos and lacquered the lot. The little dots are just rain drops :)
20151218_120453_zpscuspmhvg.jpg

My numberplate surrounds arrived, this will allow me to remove my plate easily on track days... and add a GB stickered plate for Nurburgring trips
20151218_120505_zpsje6m4nvb.jpg

Here's the new plates I have
20151218_143620_zps4fwi8fvf.jpg

20151218_143811_zpsve0vrnx9.jpg

Just waiting on the DVLA paperwork to come back so I can fit them!

And finally a sunstrip that I'm happy with!
sunstrip%20fitted_zps7kazvg5r.jpg

The exterior of the car is almost complete, so I'll be doing a mini photoshoot soon! Then focusing on the engine bay cosmetics and some functional mods.

I've also booked on at Cadwell Park for the spring, and booked a Nurburgring trip shortly after!!

Time for a battery relocation. After much research the Odyssey 680 came up trumps. Lightweight, compact, powerful and reliable. Along with an alloy cage to suit
weightsave_zpsth1tbzbs.jpg

20151224_125242_zpslzjb3os6.jpg

The plan is to run a fused cable from the engine bay to behind the passenger seat, P-clipping it in place as I go. This will remove 15kg of weight from the nose of the car. Ideal :)

Back