• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Time for a battery relocation. After much research the Odyssey 680 came up trumps. Lightweight, compact, powerful and reliable. Along with an alloy cage to suit
weightsave_zpsth1tbzbs.jpg

20151224_125242_zpslzjb3os6.jpg

The plan is to run a fused cable from the engine bay to behind the passenger seat, P-clipping it in place as I go. This will remove 15kg of weight from the nose of the car. Ideal :)

The odysey only weighs 1.8kg, great to remove so much weight from the nose

but as the odyssey weighs so little is it worth the effort of relating it? There will still be a great weight loss up front

also, have you removed the AC unit?

The odysey only weighs 1.8kg, great to remove so much weight from the nose

but as the odyssey weighs so little is it worth the effort of relating it? There will still be a great weight loss up front

also, have you removed the AC unit?

It's a little more than that, around 7kg, or 7.5kg with the tray. I see your point, but having it behind the passenger seat will let me isolate it easily. And I'd much rather have weight in the middle or rear of the car. It never had A/C :)

Nice what cabling will you use to relocate the battery?

Zero gauge amp cable works perfectly :) I'll sheath it in black so it looks more OEM.

looks a sweet ride mate, looks good specially in the white. As for the girl she goes well with the car aswell lol.

Cheers for the comments guys

Today I got the front seats out. The previous owner had just left the full rear carpet folded over on itself from where it originally went under the rear bench!

Here it is chopped back, and with the battery mounted in the tray. I opted to leave the sound deadening in place because of how loud the car already is. My main complaint with that tray is the feet are tiny, leaving little room to drill holes for a decent sized bolt. I've used four M6 bolts here, with washers top and bottom to help spread any impact loads. I suspect it'll hold fine in any small or medium sized impact.
20151231_143120_zpsz8izxck3.jpg

Passenger seat re-fitted. Loads of room.
battery%20located_zpsly0rzfkr.jpg

I'll earth it to two points, one being a roll cage mounting post M8 bolt. Then think about routing the main power wire to the engine bay via a fuse and an isolator.

I've also been trial fitting my Tegiwa M induction kit and trimming the scuttle panel back to suit. This will hopefully give a few horsepower gain and a better sound. I had one before and absolutely loved it.
induction%20trial%20fit_zps9avb9ddu.jpg

scuttle%20cut_zpsw0cvwarn.jpg

nice job man, does the roll cage interfere with the dash much other than going through the vents?

Here's the finished scuttle! The mesh is nice and strong and the filler over it is solid. However I got bored of trying to get a flawless finish so just moved onto painting it. Here it is
20160103_180410_zps6etswela.jpg

And with the painted wiper arms. They were so faded before
20160104_133522_zpszpvfpy5q.jpg

And re-fitted. Much better!
20160104_134202_zpsrsmpdtul.jpg

The Tegiwa-M is now a nice snug fit. I need to make some kind of bracket for it, because I'm not happy with the one that comes from Tegiwa, it's too bulky and heavy.
20160104_135225_zpsb9hhivhh.jpg

The last step is to add the carbon scoop to the top of the scuttle, to deflect air into the whole thing. Might add a cheeky sticker too.

Next up I'll be finishing the battery cabling...

Some distraction with my daily driver Audi... it's now lowered on Eibach springs. Gave it a wash too and some servicing.
20160111_132054_zpsmrhnrfun.jpg

20160111_132032_zpshp6bfy5m.jpg

Not a massive improvement as with other cars I've put Eibachs on... but worth it for the reduction of arch gap alone!

Next up is throw some ICE in there next week :)

Cars looking awesome man. Done some real nice things, must be a weapon on track?
What's the name of the company you used for the wheels, they look decent!
This reminds me..I really need to re-paint my window wiper arms!

Justin

Class thread mate. Also run a cammed civic and a avant for daily. Great combo !

270bhp is good, mines at 260 with the TDI cams. I wonder if the 3" exhaust is the only difference.

Absolutely laughing my head of at the girl with the Nazi tattoo!

Some great parts and bits you've added here.

I'm especially interested in the gauge pods in the centre console. May I ask where you got them from ? Gauge advice would be nice also !

Great work and hopefully I will see this at a trackday soon!

Back