• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

history check

So im sitting at work and thought I'd do a history check on my car turns out that its mot on 15/04/14 its milage was 135,134 interesting as it currently reads 81,000

Looks like ive brought a rite wrongen

Bummer. There is a lot of it going about.

Did you buy it privately or from a trader?

Ouch! My older brother had this with an X5 he used to own, they knocked 100k off of the mileage!

So im sitting at work and thought I'd do a history check on my car turns out that its mot on 15/04/14 its milage was 135,134 interesting as it currently reads 81,000

Looks like ive brought a rite wrongen 

Not sure how old your car is but doesn't it show the last 3 or 4 years?

Also we went to look at Pug 206 a few years back, I managed to take down the log book number sneaky sneaky. The current mileage was 54,000, car was in a right shít state when we saw it, last MOT was 154k :lol:

Surely the DVLA should be flagging these clocked motors when they go for an MOT with lower mileage than the year before as it is all in a database.

Isn't all the mileages recorded on all the previous vosa paperwork?? You can also check the mileage history online after 2011 all the mileages were recorded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back