• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cage for ep3?

I'm looking at fitting a cage in my ep3 as I'm planning on tracking and hill climbing it.
Has anyone fitted one to their ep3 any pics or recommendations I have and a quick look at safety devices site.
Ideally I'd like on that doesn't required the dash cutting

TDi-North, Grinspeed and TGM have all caged EP3s that I know of, but the cages would have been supplied I'm sure. You could check out their facebook pages to see if you can see who manufactures them, or ask one of them directly to supply and fit one.

I had a safety devices bolt in rear cage. Still requires pads fixing on floorplan. But doesnt interfere with dash. Though most of other trim needs to come out.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a bolt in cage from Deamon Tweaks, but it does say you 'may' have to cut some of the dash but it looked like a generic description.

Is it just for track days or competition? Maybe just consider a rear bolt in

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Altho not my type r but I have a safety device 6 point cage. Fully bolt in and a good price

image_26.jpg

image_25.jpg

image_27.jpg

I have a Safety Devices 6 point welded in to mine. Its a nice cage, does go through the dash though.

We'll it's MSA spec so I'm 99.9% sure it will be up to their regs. I'm sure you'll find the regs for the civic cup on its website.

It conforms to all national events that I'm aware.

We'll it's MSA spec so I'm 99.9% sure it will be up to their regs. I'm sure you'll find the regs for the civic cup on its website.

It conforms to all national events that I'm aware.

Looks ace ive been In touch with sw just not sure what spec cage to go for yet

Surely depends on what you're going to be needing the cage for? I needed an MSA spec cage to compete. The only essential parts I wanted were the ability to run the harnesses off of them.

Surely depends on what you're going to be needing the cage for? I needed an MSA spec cage to compete. The only essential parts I wanted were the ability to run the harnesses off of them.

Its more budgetary really I want to build the car to a good spec as it has better value if I decide to sell in the future

Mine's an OMP cage, goes through the dash.

Part of my project is to make some "grommets" up for the dash for the cage to pass through neatly.

It doesn't have to look bad at all!

Exactly that. My friend has a track EG6 and made carbon splayed to cover the cut around the dash. Looks very tidy.

if you're thinking of selling the car in the future with a cage then you'd be mad to not get an MSA spec one. People that want to compete won't even contemplate a car with a non spec cage as it'd be too much hassle sorting it out to make it conform to regulation. Or at least I wouldn't.

Ill be looking to get a bolt in cage in the next few months, mainly for trackdays. Does anyone know if the basic omp 6 point bolt in cage needs feet welded in or can it be bolted through the floor?
Any links to photos or build thresds would be good to see how well they fit

Back