• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Sill plates on. Most extravagant £130 I think I've ever spent on car...

IMAG3659.jpg

IMAG3661.jpg

Fcuk sake :lol: That's as bad as my old skylines B-pillar inserts at £140

When prices start to get that silly for bits and bats it really effects the affinity I have for a car. Little things like that sow the seed of resentment for me

Looking good though John, how many miles have you put on her?

I spec'd the sill plates on my original order along with the mats. This came with mats anyway and I've added the plates, so this is now the same spec as I ordered. Aye, the plates are £180 if ordered with the car.

I've done about 250 now. Still on the first tank and averaging about 30mpg.

I went for a bit of a run through to the back end of Bolton last night and back over the tops. Cracking car. It copes with the roads brilliantly out of +R mode, it is just so well damped and composed over the bumps and seriously planted at speed. I had the back end nice and loose a few times trailing the brakes into tight bends, and it has that lovely turn from your hips feeling. Yes really pleased with it.

It doesn't sound like it needs an aftermarket exhaust, as the OEM one roars quite nicely when you have your foot in, but I can see attraction of one if it adds some nice rumbling on overrun. That's something the videos of the systems out there don't seem to have shown, so I may hold off a bit on that. See what Mugen, Toda, J's Racing and Spoon come up with in the exhaust department.

I've still not driven it in the dry though. :lol:

I did that on the Focus ST 250. It worked quite well!
Haha! Some friends of mine do that to their cheap 'drift' cars and they do sound quite mental!

Maybe not something to do to a brand new car, give it a week! lol

Looking good! I work next door to hull Honda they've had a Black one with carbon add ons in since launch day iv'e managed to not drive it yet because i'm scared what will happen when i do haha!

Looking good! I work next door to hull Honda they've had a Black one with carbon add ons in since launch day iv'e managed to not drive it yet because i'm scared what will happen when i do haha!

Been twice to look at it, and they share with Scarborough Honda apparently so its not been there when I have

Really that's odd I'll take a picture next time I'm walking past I think the manager takes it home as his daily car! perks of te job ha I park about 10 metres away from it every day

Glad you've bought this over the BMW John. Never been sold on the 1 series looks. Think they look bland and ugly. FK2 certainly ain't bland! ;)

Yeah, I've seen a few M-sports recently and the only difference externally is silver mirror caps and the style of alloy.

The Type R is definitely no shrinking violet. :lol:

Both are undoubtedly animals on the road.

The V5 arrived back, so I immediately rendered it obsolete.

IMG_20151212_155110.jpg

Plate now on. I've blanked part of it out as I'm not a fan of having full reg plate pictures out on the wider internet as they end up getting shared and re-used, but this is what it is:

IMAG3612_1.jpg

Wind deflectors have been dispatched too. :D

I nearly did last week Ed. The thing is I can see the Jap tuners being quite close to it on price when they actually release them and to be honest a Spoon, Mugen or HKS exhaust for a couple of hundred more than what you would pay for the Milltek seems quite appealing.

Back